Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

5-a-side games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

where r we playin?

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

seansouth wrote:
    Deffo need the 10 for the first time at least. I've played with 8 on the astro and it is a killer.
    i have to agree especially the ucd atro turf as it is long but not very wide so it means a lot of runnin up and back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd imagine if a time from Ireland called 'The Emerald Green Pixies FC

I bags this name for the team I'm on. :D
    You try to come up with a crap name , but you have actually come up with the best name for a football team ever :D .

If I ever found a club thats what il call them .

Beat you to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

seansouth wrote:
    Beat you to it!

NNnnnooooooohhh .
    Oh well back to 'Emerald Green Leprechauns FC' for me . :( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Has this gotten off the ground? Would any of yeas be interested in playing in trinity if we can get the astroturf pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

from what i can gather i dont think there has much been done about it...

as for your suggestionm keep me posted as i can play most evenings and trinity would be very handy...

I checked around, i actually wanted to get the indoor pitch but its booked out :( your one said it gets booked out on the first day of term. I was wondering why she was smiling when I asked.

Does anyone know whats the story with goals they have by the side of the cricket pitch? Can anyone use them? Other than that now I think we'll have to go back to the days when we were ickle and just throw down some jackets and have a kick-around on front of the pav.

Playing in trinity does look like an option but we can play in a place called sportsco, its not too far from trinity. Its right beside shelbourne park (Shelbourne Greyhound Stadium ) on south lotts road. Its 5 min walk from grand canal dock dart station and 2,3 bus stop on ringsend road. If ten of us went it would be €3.50 each off peak, i think its €45 euro on peak. Give us a shout if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Id play!.....Location is key though as i'll be coming from Balbriggan but if its in the city ceter that wont be so bad!im very unfit though but sure it hasnt stopped me before!

This is my last attempt to organise a 5 aside. The astroturf in trinity will be available after xmas.....................anyone interested?? :confused: Wana book it early if we can get the numbers. Reply: ack yea or nish nish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

yes please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Deffo want in.

Put me down as "ack yea"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

ack yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

ach yea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

ach yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Playing in trinity does look like an option but we can play in a place called sportsco, its not too far from trinity. Its right beside shelbourne park (Shelbourne Greyhound Stadium ) on south lotts road. Its 5 min walk from grand canal dock dart station and 2,3 bus stop on ringsend road. If ten of us went it would be €3.50 each off peak, i think its €45 euro on peak. Give us a shout if your interested.

I'd be up for that, i play there on a sunday already

Is anyone still interested in having a boards 5 aside? I think it would be a good laugh and a great opportunity to get back into football. It wouldnt be anything too competitive, just kickin a ball about. Plus it'll give you hardcore boards users a chance to get some fresh air and some badly needed exercise. I really want to get back into playing football, havent played in years, and all my friends play football but most of them play on teams. I'd just get my ass handed to me. I think we fell short of about 3ish last time but I know a few other lads that havent played in a while too said they might be interested so first come first served this time -PM me as soon as you can.

All the best,

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I would be up for it yes. But it seems it a loction people are not happy about !I think as close to the city would be fair for most people ? Maybe ? I live in Blanch. so don't mind going into town for a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

im sstill up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

me please !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

throw me into the hat for this please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Ah go on, me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah I'd be into this too, however, it always falls flat on it's face unfortunately.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I'd love to.... pity i'm up here in Co Down :mad:
    But if anyone drivin down from here would be klass :D

Realistically though, doubt that.

Maybe if there was a one day comp could get the mods till Advertise it like that paintball thing atm. Am sure a load people might be up for that. Maybe the day before a boards beer or sumfin.

Everyone sticks in €10 or sumfin. Get the pitch paid for & take out sumfin like €20 for whoever organises, then split the rest say 1/2 till the winnin team, 1/3 till runner up & 1/6 till 3rd place.

Would consider that like :D

I was thinkin something more regular, like every week. But im sure we can do that too. Is anyone a member of sportsco? I think my mams friend is a member and she said I'd could use it whenever. But I think you have to have at least one member playing. It would be ideal. Its only a 15min bus ride from the city centre then a 2min walk around the corner. I'll see what the story is in trinity, i might be able to book at astro. Worst case scenario we throw down some jackets and have a kick about on the pitch in trinity. Once we get a location we're sorted

I got me hands on a sportsco membership card. I'm thinking next wed the 14th sept 7:00pm. And I dont care if someone said they seen Justin Timberlake in the tesco near where you live, yous better show up! considering you are always complainin how boards 5 a sides never get organised. PM me if you dont know where sportsco is.