Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU with a case Good or BAD

Options
  • 22-08-2004 7:42pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it better to buy a case and PSU as a packet.Looking around and some places want 120 euro ish for Case and PSU but some places want 100euro with no PSU. What with that, BAD PSU's or greed

Here are some i found, All d advice you can give is all good.

With PSU's
    Alien X
    Diabolic
    Guardian

Without PSU's
    Diabolic
    Guardian

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Depends. The PSU included in cases are normally fairly reliable (i.e. quality is not an issue) but there usually not particularly powerfull. For the price range you mentioned I would suspect those psu would be in the 300-350 watt range. Newer machine with power hungary cpu's and graphics cards require more juice. Still if you aren't planning on overloading your machine with hard drives cd-roms and expansion cards those type of psu should do you fine.

Word of warning avoid any case with a q-tec power supply. there very power quailty even though there dirt cheap. The wattage is overstated on those psu's.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Azza wrote:
    Depends. The PSU included in cases are normally fairly reliable (i.e. quality is not an issue) but there usually not particularly powerfull. For the price range you mentioned I would suspect those psu would be in the 300-350 watt range. Newer machine with power hungary cpu's and graphics cards require more juice. Still if you aren't planning on overloading your machine with hard drives cd-roms and expansion cards those type of psu should do you fine.

Word of warning avoid any case with a q-tec power supply. there very power quailty even though there dirt cheap. The wattage is overstated on those psu's.

Well the system i wnat is goin to be hungry i reckom but il check the exacts and post it later.

E-mailed the crowd and asked them about the PSU and its make because im not sure on them.Talking to some other guys,they said bad idea. But we'll see what they say,but im expecting a Q-Tec PSU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Generally cheaper cases with PSU's are totally crap. Its very hard to tell how a PSU will perform when its included in the package as you will know nothing about it except the rating which means nothing TBH.

If you get a case like Antec, thermaltake etc then the PSU's are generally pretty decent.

A bit of hit and miss .......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Here is what they said

Hey there,
    first of all, the maker of the Guardian case's PSU is XION, if I'm not
    mistaken. I'd need to check in the warehouse when I get a chance, I
    shall email you tomurrow evening with more information on this.

Similar story with the Diabolics PSU, and again I'll take a look for
    you - the Diabolic is ordered in from a supplier (if I'm not mistaken)
    and doesn't come from a specific source, hence why it's in the modded
    cases section. I'll take a look for you. :)

Anyone every here of a Xion PSU?

Advertisement