Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card cooling

Options
  • 22-08-2004 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I've a 9800 running a bit hot with Doom 3 at the moment. Can anyone recommend a good fan/heatsink for graphics card cooling?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

my artic vga cooler from my dead 9800pro would be perfect.
    make me an offer, i need all the money i can get to replace the card!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Dman why not use your warranty? Stick the old heatsink back on and rma it.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

As dman said artic vga cooler is very good. Had one myself on my 9800pro untill i turned to water. Very cheep cooler, only problem is the cooler takes up a slot can be annoying if your short for space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

they're only 15 quid in Peats/PC World too

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

What temp was it running at? Didn't think you could get the temp unless you had a 360 core and you flashed it to an XT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

yeah i want to get an arctic but they're *still* not compatible with the XT.

Sleipnir this is what you want for your 9800xt.

http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=17564

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Cool! (no pun intended) It's out.

Great Bloodbath, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

I've one of the 9800 All in One's that you can softmod to a full pro with the omega drivers :-)

It's been ok until Doom 3.

i could give that a try bloodbath but its been flashed to an xt bios and i bought it on ebay. was factory sealed when i got it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

Jammer wrote:
    they're only 15 quid in Peats/PC World too

Excellent. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any in stock.

Dman just replace the old heatsink. If the card is truly dead I doubt they will check the BIOS. Plenty of people have send back cards in worse states than that and got them replaced.

The worst that can happen is they say no sorry you fudged it yourself but I bet you get it replaced.

BloodBath

hope so too. it'll be in the post tommorrow. now seems to be a bad time to buy a new card with noone being certain if the atis or nvidias are better. time will tell i guess

Just got an email from the guy who i returned the card to saying a replacement is in the post. Happy days.

Haha I told you.

BloodBath

Advertisement