Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons forum

Options
  • 22-08-2004 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if there is a simpsons forum and if there aint there there should be one Its the one program i would bet that ever person on boards has seen it also seems there are two threads on the same subject on the simpsons runing at the moment there should be some where for them
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hehehe before anyone gives out to him for not searching remember the archive isnt searchable atm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

crash_000 wrote:
    hehehe before anyone gives out to him for not searching remember the archive isnt searchable atm.

No excuse, he should be committed enough to manually dig through all posts :D

Seriously though, when I suggested this before I was told 1) the simpsons heyday has been and gone, 2) There isn't enough stuff to talk about once all the quotes/fave episodes/worst character kind of threads are done to death, 3) TV isn't full of simpsons posts, so its not causing a problem where it is.

I think there is more of a chance for Cartoon forum, and even that would only be somewhat popular.
    I'd say keep it at TV, it is plain to me now the hastle that having to go from one forum to the other for live action tv and cartoon tv would be.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nicolas1468

I have an other message simpsons forum... But it's in french... :confused: If you speak it ... Visit it : http://www.simpsonscity.qc.tc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

You should seriously drop the whole simpsons idea, because its simply a no go area, and if you would have taken the time to read through my previous posts on the subject would have seen the result of my constant hassling.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Willem D didn't get anywhere because he approached it in the worst way possible at every step along the line. It does not necessarily reflect the possibility or otherwise of getting a simpsons forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Willem D - also he couldnt read the backlog - only posts from after the update are searchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

I was wondering if there is a simpsons forum and if there aint there there should be one Its the one program i would bet that ever person on boards has seen it also seems there are two threads on the same subject on the simpsons runing at the moment there should be some where for them

i just coped this thread and i think a Simpsons forum is a very good idea !

i can't see any reason why not to have one :eek: !!!

simpson-family.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

it also seems there are two threads on the same subject on the simpsons runing at the moment there should be some where for them
    thats hardly overflowing the television forum tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I think we need a sticky entitled "There will never be a 'simpsons' forum so don't ask"

2 threads does not warrant a forum otherwise we'd have about a million forums at this stage.

i would vote yes if i could to a Simpsons forum !

but then again who am i ? :rolleyes:

which way do new forums be decided ? ......... is it put to a poll or to the mods/admins decide ????

WE WANT YOU !

• Advertisement

FT77 wrote:
    this isnt a democracy

this isnt a democracy

not yet ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

FT77 wrote:

but then again who am i ? :rolleyes:

I was just about to ask the very same question...

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

"Who the hell do y'think y'are! I'll have yer arse hangin' from a lamppost in the mornin'"

i'm not here to called names or be threatened :( .......

i taught this was a forum, no ?

FT77 wrote:
    not yet ;)
    erm, not ever.

???????????????????

Good luck :rolleyes:

FT77 wrote:
    anyway i'm not here to called names or be threatened :( .......
    certainly looks like it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

FT77 wrote:
    i'm not here to called names or be threatened :( .......
    <chorus>
    Where do your normally go then?
    </chorus>

(threatened, good lord. If we didn't care about you we wouldn't even bother. What happened to the first 76 FTs you replaced?)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

i taught this was a forum, no ?

It was a typo. It was meant to say harem. Not where did I leave those nubile young wans again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Sooo back to the topic at hand...

You could replace the Big Brother forum with the simpsons forum. What more is there to say about Big Brother? Or do you just leave it there until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

BuffyBot wrote:
    It was a typo. It was meant to say harem. Not where did I leave those nubile young wans again...

Yoohoo!

*flutters eyelashes*

Advertisement