Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames- 21st August

Options
  • 22-08-2004 10:38pm

There was a heck of a big CTYI turnout at the gig yesterday. Ra's in attendance included Bish, Aisling, jen, Niall kelly. Any others?
    My instructor stephen Kinsella was there.
    i was there :D
    i saw a couple of people from my first two years, Gearoid Cunniffe included.

Who else was there?

It was the best gig ever by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

me and paul went emmet, i vaguely remember talkin to u

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Thank you for making this ticketless plebeian so happy. :rolleyes:

What I ACTUALLY wanted to hear was: "It was crap. You're so lucky you weren't there." Damn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

As has been stated elsewhere, the gig was unbelieveably brilliant! Definite contender for "best gig eva!" in my books. Andrew and Chiara the TAs were also there, and a big pile of Session 1ers who rocked out to Idlewild in a massive way! mosh.gif And Marc and Kshling were in the pit!

edit: and there were also a couple of CTYI messages shown on the big screens! *hi 5*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i was there i was there i was there i was there i was there i was there it was the second best ever!!! (the best being 30/12/03 at the olympia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

Grrrrr... way to make me feel even angrier at missing the opportunity to go.
    *shakes hand madly in fist of rage*

I heard Damien Rice dropped by for a spell... regret is the worst of all human emotion!

Who was there... Ailbhe (m'sis), Dara O'Shea, Chris Gusen (thought he moved to canada!?) ... that's all i know, except for those already mentioned.
    Also... what red-haired guy was there? My friend was standing beside some guy before supergrass and he was talking about ctyi and she recognised him from my photos. It wasn't conor, and the only other red-head i can think of is marc. Was he there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

That red haired guy was probably Marc. Or at least I think that was him. We only ever saw the back of his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

i was the red head.
    marc, and BEST FECKIN CONCERT EVER
    what are you on ana!!
    yesterday was MILES better than the 30th gig...
    and i saw tim there.
    my TA andrew was there.
    that one from fair city was there...
    i was there with aisling/kisling, you all saw her, but didnt see me!!!

There was actually 2 from fair city, only one was in ctyi tho.......

yeah, i know ive already said it, but BEST CONCERT EVER...
    oh my god was it good.
    and damo was there!! that was mad.
    and idlewild and supergrass were great.
    and bell x1 were great (oh how i love bell x1)
    and halite were ok but not crap
    and the frames.... OHMYGOD.... so amazing. they played angel at my table!!!! yay!!!! and glen pointed at me at the start of it!! oh yeah....
    anyone else in the pit? i still have the pass on! it was so worth it to be there 2 hours early!!
    damn it, being over....

MARC WAS ON THE BIG SCREEN!!! i vaguely remember pointing at the screen and shouting to nobody in particular "OMFG IT'S MARC ON THE TELLY!!!!!!".

yeah thinking back maybe it was better than the 30/12/04..... but i dunno.... bellx1were WOW!!!! and from what i remember supergrass were too. but the frames.... they played hollocaine which is MY FRAMES SONG and angel at my table.... they never play that... although somebody told me they did at witnness two years ago.. but i don't remember.... and MONUMENT which i've never heard of them playing live... and RED CHORD and BANANAMAN. b-a-n-a-n-a-m-a-n...... WOOHOO!!!! but the best bit was when they played hotellounge by deus. does anyone know what song they played that in the middle of? same goes for been caught stealing.... WOW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

i think we're all in agreement that it ****ing ROCKED from beginning to end. i mean WOW.

hehehehe, ana keeps sayin "30/12/04", is that some sort of super future concert you went to in your time machine?
    and yeah, this one was better!! i usually prefer the intimacy of an ickle place like the olympia, but my god was saturday AMAZING...
    woo!! i was on the telly!!
    wow, there was a lot of RA's there....none of them seemed to care enought to say hi though! :mad:
    but yeah, hahaha, ah brian. if your talking bout the ronan i know, his hair is much longer than mine, how could you mix us up??
    anyhoo, im still riding the buzz of brilliance that was two nights ago....
    best. gig. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Stop stop STOP!!! No, this is sooooo not fair on us people who would have been there if it wasn't for STUPID PARENTS. Bah. Not fair!

(well I guess hearing about it is better than nothing. maybe.)

kate, i rang you until my credit AND my battery ran out!!! and during the songs you told me to!!! you should be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Vordaci

Rage, anger and regret are sole emotions that come to mindd when reading this thread.
    I didn't make it to the concert but a mate of mine did. He went around to everyone tryin to get a pit pass. He grabed Damo Rice's arm and asked him for a pass. It wasn't until the next day until he realised who it was when he saw a picture of him in his phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 me_smart

just thought i'd add a "hell yeah! the frames rock!". twas definitely one of their better gigs alright. and i ran into brigid tunney who i was TA-ing for in session1. and i got to see niall k, who lives oh so far away..... :( and well brian, for gods sake i see you like every other day so it wasnt surprising that i saw you there too.
    damien rice's guest appearance was amazing too, nearly lost my voice from shouting! the only good support act was bellx1 though,i love them. the others were terrible altogether though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

I got some AMOUNT of phonecalls off drunk people at that concert. Colm rang me and all i could hear was "ONE MORE SONG" "ONE MORE SONG" in the background. Id say it was insane. I wish id gone even thought id hate the music

I got phonecalls too!! Thank you sooooo much Ana and Marc, I love you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

me_smart wrote:
    ! the only good support act was bellx1 though,i love them. the others were terrible altogether though.
    Just for saying that i hope you see a naked flame and fly into it AND THEN YOU DIE!!!!!!!!! Idlewild were so brilliant!!!! all you stupid people who don't know good music. FOOLS! All of you! and all those silly people in the pit NOT moshing what was wrong with ye????? Were ye all in neck braces or else deaf??? Idlewild bet the crap out of BELLx1 and considering i like all of those bands I'm allowed to say who the **** rocked.
    AAAAGGGHHHH THE FRAMES! he he he sorry it's still left over they were superly fantastic. And they played Nialls song (Hey Day for all you people who do not know) and Pixies and the kinks was regurally blasted round the place and Radiohead and Damo was there ah contentedness! In fact the only thing that could have made it anymore related to CTYI would have been for a certain Girl to come bouncing across the stage wearing a certain stripy hat with a pansy in it over her blonde long pigtails which 'makes her look kinda queer' she would be 'always first to tell you when it's rainning' and we could have 'seen it in her eyes' that she 'was dropped as on her face as a child', 'dripping in carmel' a 'crap-smelling, food-stealing son of a gun' looking like an out of place 'car-toon-char-ac-ter' on a pogo stick or else maybe Bicycle ;) ! Fallowed by a chorus of whoops and a tide of Hi5s from the audience.
    Guess who I'm on about???? :D
    Hey Raul Clean Uppermost are you Emmet with the blonde hair you might have done sess2 last year?
    Hi 5 once again Brian oh that was a fun game it was relived all morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭davethetrucker

yeah i was going i had my ticket and what not but sadly i didnt quite make it to the gig........oh well some of friends said it was kick ass so i really wish i was there but waht you gona do..

does any one from ctyi live in carlow? im here till thursday and after that im either goning to cork or back to wexford. if any ones around call me one of the other dave's posted my number on page 15 of the who's who page...

• Advertisement

i live in athy, its like 15 mins away, but i wont be in carlow this wk. So close yet so far, im sure u'll survive tho

ditto on what anne said

Hey Raul Clean Uppermost are you Emmet with the blonde hair you might have done sess2 last year?

i be the very one. And You my dear are?

Hey Emmet, seeing as we're talking about who you are, you wouldn't happen to be from Sutton would you? And friends with a guy called Ronan? Or am I thinking of a different Emmet.... :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Spog wrote:
    Who was there... Ailbhe (m'sis), Dara O'Shea, Chris Gusen (thought he moved to canada!?)

Yes, Chris moved to Canada, but he's visiting right now - he's going to Cork tomorrow on a day trip and is going home Thursday morning. Meaning that I won't see him again before he leaves (crappage!) He gave me a Canadian quarter, its so cool, it has a caribou on it :D

Spog, who are you? I know I probably know you but I can't work out who you are. I'm Ailbhe, though obviously I'm not your sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

i be the very one. And You my dear are?
    wow I got someone right! Go Team!
    Erm, I doubt you remember me. I'm Anne Kearns, Journalism. last year. I don't know exactly how I know you just remember you knocking around you signed my book and you commented on my purple jacket. I had a very viberant hat pink and red and lime green teckno-coloured thing going on. You probobly don't remember me *sigh* no one does. oh the insecurities as a result :o

wow I got someone right! Go Team!
    Erm, I doubt you remember me. I'm Anne Kearns, Journalism. last year. I don't know exactly how I know you just remember you knocking around you signed my book and you commented on my purple jacket. I had a very viberant hat pink and red and lime green teckno-coloured thing going on. You probobly don't remember me *sigh* no one does. oh the insecurities as a result :o
    i remember you anne, youre one of my favourite people! and vikkis here and she says the same! we lurves you!
    p.s. Go Team!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

doonothing wrote:
    i was the red head.
    marc, and BEST FECKIN CONCERT EVER

Ya i thought so, as you r the only other red-head that i've pictures of.
    Fishie wrote:
    Spog, who are you? I know I probably know you but I can't work out who you are. I'm Ailbhe, though obviously I'm not your sister

I'm Orla Hayes, probably don't remember me, but i remember you *evil laugh*. Ailbhe Hayes be my sister, not you. I pointed out to you on the last day this session when you visited that you weren't there for the rest of the course, blatantly obvious of course. you've a cat bag, i can't remember it's name but i have a feeling you told it to me at the zoo last year. i remember too much.

Just for saying that i hope you see a naked flame and fly into it AND THEN YOU DIE!!!!!!!!! Idlewild were so brilliant!!!! all you stupid people who don't know good music. FOOLS! All of you! and all those silly people in the pit NOT moshing what was wrong with ye????? Were ye all in neck braces or else deaf??? Idlewild bet the crap out of BELLx1 and considering i like all of those bands I'm allowed to say who the **** rocked.
    AAAAGGGHHHH THE FRAMES! he he he sorry it's still left over they were superly fantastic. And they played Nialls song (Hey Day for all you people who do not know) and Pixies and the kinks was regurally blasted round the place and Radiohead and Damo was there ah contentedness! In fact the only thing that could have made it anymore related to CTYI would have been for a certain Girl to come bouncing across the stage wearing a certain stripy hat with a pansy in it over her blonde long pigtails which 'makes her look kinda queer' she would be 'always first to tell you when it's rainning' and we could have 'seen it in her eyes' that she 'was dropped as on her face as a child', 'dripping in carmel' a 'crap-smelling, food-stealing son of a gun' looking like an out of place 'car-toon-char-ac-ter' on a pogo stick or else maybe Bicycle ;) ! Fallowed by a chorus of whoops and a tide of Hi5s from the audience.
    Guess who I'm on about???? :D
    Hi 5 once again Brian oh that was a fun game it was relived all morning.
    HIGH FIVE!!!!!

• Advertisement

Hey Emmet, seeing as we're talking about who you are, you wouldn't happen to be from Sutton would you? And friends with a guy called Ronan? Or am I thinking of a different Emmet.... :confused:

Not me but he was in my class this year.

Advertisement