Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Rules

Options
  • 22-08-2004 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Hi admins,

I'm sure this is pretty far down the list, but is there any chance that cloud's sig enforcer script can be brought back reasonably soon? There's an ever increasing number of huge sigs around (for one example, look here ).

Thanks,

MH
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Is mine too big?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Is mine too big?
    Cloud at wrote:
    All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.

• For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    • For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

You tell me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I know about the both images and text rule, but tbh that is rarely implemented.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Perhaps I shall change that.

So what you're saying is, you know it breaks the rules, but you think its ok once nobody calls you on it? That's a bit like saying its ok to do 150mph on the M50 once you avoid all the speed cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I think that signatures should be text only and reduced to one line only.
    After all, is this a discussion board or a sig exchange board?

signatures get in the way of the discussions and information. People dont read them and they just basically waste space.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

redspider wrote:
    I think that signatures should be text only and reduced to one line only.
    After all, is this a discussion board or a sig exchange board?

signatures get in the way of the discussions and information. People dont read them and they just basically waste space.

you do realise you can turn them off in your user cp, dont you?

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

flogen wrote:
    you do realise you can turn them off in your user cp, dont you?n

theres always one :rolleyes:

Sorry to drag this back up, but I've just noticed this sig. Are we any closer to having the sig script back?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It's one of the many things that never got properly fixed after the move. It's not actually big job though, I'll have a look at it later. (It never really detected signatures like that one though, just oversized images).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

flogen wrote:
    you do realise you can turn them off in your user cp, dont you?
    Yes!
    I got a bit shagged-off with looking at peoples crappy sigs a few months back, so I disabled them completely... and IT REALLY WORKED!!!
    But then I kinda missed them after a while :(
    I'm now back viewing sigs again, some of which are actually pretty good.
    I think most sigs can be acceptable as long as you only use it once per thread... (except yours youssef, damn it man OCC is a good program, but dude... seriously, if Big Paul saw your sig; he'd be screaming and slamming doors!)

Thanks ecksor - its funny, but its only begun bothering me after the switch to vb3.

Just spotted another one (linky) - I'll add to this thread any time I see one that I find too annoying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, personally this one is just taking the p*ss... No offense intended...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

after 93 posts how come nobody noticed this signature

its longer than his last post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=190808&page=2&pp=20

and if you thought that was distracting how about this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=189238

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

try this...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=11209

Its wrong on so many levels....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I have a similar sig, except that I limit the size of the picture to only slightly more than a line of text.

I'd suggest choosing either the text and a small image or the pic with one or two lines of text. People don't appreciate huge sigs no matter how they are made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

/me crys for SMAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Feck off. That's my job. ;)

Advertisement