Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

giving blood

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You're taking coke with a friend/aquantance. They hand you a rolled up note that's just been up their nose, and as often happens, their nose has bled a bit onto the note. You then snort, and the virus is passed on.

It's actually a very real possibility, google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I gave blood a few months ago. I got none of the expected dizziness or anything. I felt fine afterwards. On the other hand, I didn't get a warm 'good citizen' feelig either. I will give again though. Maybe tomorrow.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I used to give blood regularly as an undergraduate, and then when they tightened up the rules, they refused to accept my blood anymore. I had heart surgery when I was 10, and there is a risk that I will contract septicemia(?) or something similar from the needle. it's really annoying, my blood is fine but they won't take it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Grandpa was the same. He was one of the first people to hold a gold pelican, but then they wouldn't take his blood from about 1980 on, when the realised he'd had jaundice during the war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Cool no worries, I believe you. Hadn't given it much thought though I must say. But I always use my own rolled €500 note anyway
    eth0_ wrote:
    You're taking coke with a friend/aquantance. They hand you a rolled up note that's just been up their nose, and as often happens, their nose has bled a bit onto the note. You then snort, and the virus is passed on.

It's actually a very real possibility, google it.

Advertisement