Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

i hate fiat puntos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

It's not meant to be perfect, cos anything is better than Mr. BLOCK CAPITAL PSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

*Sniff, sniff.

WE GOT A TROLL HERE!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

hi mr rsfiestaman!!

I'd just like to offer you a run if you'd like??

not me though as my insurance/ cost of petrol etc is too high to risk doin this!!

where as my li'l bro has an aprilla rs80 he'll give you a go with!!

it's got an auto box so he'll whip you off the lights anywhere!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA..............................

A fiesta...............

go sit in the corner and have a chat with yourself!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

HE REVED HIS 1L K@N SOON THE LIGHT WENT GREEN AND BLOW HIM
    Thats sooo gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had'nt bothered reading this thread till now, I thought how boring is a rant about Fiat Puntos?

I bet RSFIESTAMAN reads, well looks at

maxpower.jpg

:)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

you have to admit thought it is really annoying when the 1L with a big exhaust tries to race you. Its so irresponsible because it is usually in built up areas. I know a lot of them just drive around like loonys all the time but when you drive a sporty* car you really attract them. Do they honestly thing the exhaust and the induction kit has doubled their horsepower?

* by sporty, I mean a real sports car and not a fester!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Somethin's tellin' me RSFIESTAMAN isn't coming back....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Somethin's tellin' me RSFIESTAMAN isn't coming back....

Well, it's not like me or Mike65 have banned him, but then....

Besides, I've laughed my ass off at this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Buy a real car, ie a ferrari or a porsche or a supra, then the twats in novas and puntos wont bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I think the original post by RSFIESTAMAN has served the purpose it was intended for.Which in my opinion was to get the single minded twats that grace this forum waiting for a modified car thread to pop up wound up. It is ironic that by putting your argument across you sound even more retarded then the original poster.

To put my argument in to a perspective that may be in some way comprehensible to you I say this...

All Mercedes drivers are fat, middle aged, grey haired tosspots.

All BMW drivers aspire to be Mercedes drivers when their older. {very sad yes, but equally true}

All Audi drivers are just plain dull!

This however is the stereotype.

As is the misconception that all people who drive modified cars are 'boy racers'.

Those of you blessed with an ounce of intelligence would have already come to that conclusion. For those of you that obviously haven't grow up TWATS !

• Advertisement

I dont think ALL people that drive modified cars are boy/girl racers

I do think that the majority of boy/girl racers drive somewhat modified cars....

The people that drive erratically and stupidly often are driving cars that do not have the power that they would ultimately like but yet they still try to drive beyond the capability of the car.

I hate when some little twat in a micra/punto/starlet etc etc, comes up beside me and starts revving with their 4 mates in the car, beanie hat on, music blaring, and they are almost lying down because the front seat is back so far.

People like this are not driving because they need to get from A to B, they are not driving for the love of driving a sports car, they are posing because they think if they have a corsa with alloys they are the dogs bo!!ix.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

IMHO most people who drive modified cars are the worst kind of drivers on the road,be they young/old boy or girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I myself drive a modified car and I have had the pleasure in meeting alot of other people with the same interest through a website I ran a few years back. I can say from experiance that it is the minority of modified car owners that behave in this manner. Granted I have seen people do some really stupid things in cars but most people take enough pride in both themselves and their cars to be sensible in their actions.

Usualy when anyone even mentions modified cars on this forum they are humiliated. It is fustrating to me when they are making a valid point about an interest to be cut down like a peasent by some people who think they are superior.

This RSFIESTAMAN is in the minority and I would agree that he is a complete tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Dub13, What do you mean by modified? Fancy spinning wheel trims? blacked out windows? People HAVE to express themselves by modifying their cars or else we would all drive beige Ford Focuses (Focii?). I have had middle aged men in Volvos nearly kill me and they didn't even have scented tree air fresheners.

Your statement is inciteful and is not unlike 'IMHO most people who are football fans have the worst fashion sense be they English or Irish'

I'm nearly 40 and I have never driven anything that wasn't modified - but the nice people at AXA only charged me €218 this year for fully comp. The world needs more modified cars and less hatred.

I totally agree with you, I used to drive a modified car and I hated the way everyone was branded a boyracer.

I think people dont realise the advantages of people who mod their cars:

they have respect for other peoples cars
    - they would never bang their door off another persons car
    - they would never sit on the bonnet of somebodies car
    - they woudl never play football near somebodies car
    because they realise how frustrating it is when somebody does these thing to their cars that they have spent a lot of money doing up

I also think that the majority of people with modified cars would never drink and drive, they respect their cars and their licences too much and love having their nice car that they would never risk being put off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

VeVeX wrote:
    I myself drive a modified car and I have had the pleasure in meeting alot of other people with the same interest through a website I ran a few years back. I can say from experiance that it is the minority of modified car owners that behave in this manner. Granted I have seen people do some really stupid things in cars but most people take enough pride in both themselves and their cars to be sensible in their actions.

Usualy when anyone even mentions modified cars on this forum they are humiliated. It is fustrating to me when they are making a valid point about an interest to be cut down like a peasent by some people who think they are superior.

This RSFIESTAMAN is in the minority and I would agree that he is a complete tool.

Very well put VeVeX.

DC.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The only that gets me and i guess what ever floats your boat will come into play. But a guy who buys a corsa and then spends so much money doing it up that he could have bought a better in the end with the money spent.

I have no issues people adding bits onto their cars to make it seem their own or to make it slightly more original. However, putting a spoiler and skirts and go faster stripes does not make your car faster. Boy racers are exactly that. racers. every two-laned traffic light is a starting grid. If i had a car worth 'doing up' i'd be spending my money on making it go faster perform better etc. not weighing it down with excess bits of plastic and subconsiously believing that because i have all this extra weight that i can race anything on the road.
    I live in louth where car insurance is the highest in the country. This is primarily due to the fact that we are on the border with the busiest crossing point. Saturday night in Dundalk is northern boy racer's night. they can afford the cars and insurance easier and so bring them all down to a place where people can't afford it as much. They tear around town because they know they are relatively untouchable in relation to the cops.
    Modifying a car is not a crime, not knowing a car's limitations is. If the boy racers did their cars up and left it that then we would not have a bad opinion of them. Instead they do their cars up insist on loud base pumping up and down the street and tend to drive faster than their cars are made for. Hence putting the rest of us at danger and ultimately increasing insurance premiums and giving anyone under 25 a bad reputation before they have even had a chance to lift the clutch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I thought the smallest punto engine was a 1.1. Did they do a 999c aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

No, not everyone who drives a modified car is a "boy racer". It just happens that a sizeable amount of them are, and these boy racers cause everyone else a lot of annoyance, both with their cars, and their driving.
    Vevex, you are making a generalisation. People ( or at least myself ) are annoyed with the stupidly modified cars and their drivers, not modified cars in general. Theres nothing wrong with modifying cars. When I get my own car, I will be modifying it. Its just that I won't be putting a stupid big tailpipe on the exhaust, while leaving the rest of the exhaust untouched, blacking out windows, or doing other stupid mods. I'll be modifying it to improve performance and handling, and any styling mods will be minimal and tasteful ( eg: a nice set of wheels ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought the smallest punto engine was a 1.1. Did they do a 999c aswell?

No the 1.1 was the smallest.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement