Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweeet PSU!

Options
  • 23-08-2004 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

This power supply lookls brilliant!

no messy wires!

check it out here
    ultrablackpsu2LG.jpg
    U109510MSout2BLG.jpg

any one tried it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's the new thing and personally i think it's cool

i'd like to have this one here as it has a 120mm fan and it's a repitable company never heard of ultra-x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

That Top PSu is sweet looking 110 dollars for it- 500Watt not to bad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Suprised it's taken so long for these types of PSU to come around...seems like such an obvious idea..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i got a 19dba SAF 520w from www.performance-pcs.com outfitted like that a couple months ago, except using the carbon fibre mesh on the wires. Must take some pictures later, but it definitely cleans up the case

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Seriously thinking about gettin me one of them, look sweet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This should have been the norm a long time ago. They'll sell like hot cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fairly expensive hot cakes if i do say so myself

i want one but funds are rock bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

Superman wrote:
    This power supply lookls brilliant!

no messy wires!

Well there will still be WIRES but only as many as you'll use. In my computer i'm using more molex connecters than any psu could possibly supply (ruffly 30) , so i wouldn't really have much advantage of this psu as i would use ALL and more power connection anyway.

Still VERY nice looking !! but me like transparent psu with lots of UV light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

wait till we wireless electricity, then well be sorted

stevenk wrote:
    wait till we wireless electricity, then well be sorted

LOL ! well, i believe at the constantly increasing speeds in computers , in the near future electricity will not be fast enough anymore. I'd soon enough (5-15 years) the likes of MOBO or graphics card manufactures will have to start using optical ways (i.e. use of optical fibre) of transfering data on low distances within the computer. the speed of electric current probably just won't do anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Why arent companies sleeving there psu's yet, r at least giving the option. That antec is nice, but at £98 from ocuk its expensive, and ill be damned if im goin to sleeve another psu. Is there anywhere like performance-pcs.com over this side of the water???? They offer a great service...

unklerosco wrote:
    Why arent companies sleeving there psu's yet, r at least giving the option. That antec is nice, but at £98 from ocuk its expensive, and ill be damned if im goin to sleeve another psu. Is there anywhere like performance-pcs.com over this side of the water???? They offer a great service...

i bought from performance pc ! Great stuff, great service and quality materials.... uhh and of course the awesome Range.

I don't think there is a shop with that kinda assortment over here.
    BUT another great shop for modding stuff is www.caseking.de , its obiously in german (most of it is in english though). Fast and reliable. just bought 140euro worth stuff from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

unklerosco wrote:

Thermaltake are sleeving the psu's. I dont think it will be long before they start doing modular psu's :)

Advertisement