Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin 7 ntl

• 23-08-2004 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Got a letter last week saying BB was available from NTL in our area so gave them a call and having it install on Tuesday. Live in a pretty old estate and am completely stuck because the foneline won't do broadband (despite neighbours on each side being able to get it) so lookin forward to it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Where's this now, exactly? I'm in D7 myself and got a bill recently with no mention of cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Just off the navan road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Did they upgrade your estate? Do you have co-ax cables hanging from your roof going from house to house? I'm wondering why NTL are offering you BB, my area which is in pretty much the same situation as yours, I'd love to know if they upgraded your estate - it means I have a chance of seeing NTL BB arrive in my house soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 smceneaney

I'm in the Villa Park area of Dublin 7. Are you in Ashington or on the same side of the Navan road?

Thanks.

Bah, miles away ;(

• Advertisement

PiE. I didn't get notice from NTL either. You could still be close to where they have upgraded.

Wheels, can you be a bit more specific where in D7 you are?

Cheers

Well he's just off the Navan road, which is a fair way away from the Smithfield/Capel St. type area so I can't see any upgrades he gets affecting me.

Though our TV did go on the blink for an hour last night, so instead of thinking "muppets" I'm trying to be positive and think "upgrade!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I'm beside Cumisky's pub. They installed it a few minutes ago and it seems to be going pretty well. Very pleased. I haven't a clue when they upgraded our area becuase I never noticed any work being done. Also our system in the house was still going on cablelink, the guy said our box in the backroom was ancient and probably one of the first cablelink did :) Went for the 750option, v happy with it.

Cheers Wheels. I'm just down the road in villa park. I've just ordered UTVinternet but would cancel it if NTL upgrade my estate.

Advertisement