Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What course are you doing?! [CAO Results]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Thraktor wrote:
    Re: Theoretical Physics in Trinity

Not necessarily, last year was quite a freak. Most years it drops maybe 10 or 15 points in the second round, but considering that it's such a small course (only about 15 places), a small group of students failing to accept their first/second round offers can knock the points down quite a bit. Realistically, it's impossible to predict what, if any, drop we'll see in the points.
    Sev's right, happens quite a bit in TP
    I'd also like to state to geo that he might have a little problem with the maths component of the course (about two thirds) if he believes that 525 minus 440 is equal to a 75 point jump, besides the fact that it's actually only a 10 point jump on last year's first round.
    God he doesn't get his course n ye try make stupid jokes at his expense? thats fairly low
    And FYI, you don't need to be able to add or subtract for university maths.(i should know.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

DIT. Degree in Visual Communications.
    Haven't seen many going to DIT here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

Triceradon wrote:
    God he doesn't get his course n ye try make stupid jokes at his expense? thats fairly low
    And FYI, you don't need to be able to add or subtract for university maths.(i should know.)

And FYI, I have missed out on the same course myself, so if anyone's going to be able to empathise with him it'd be myself. I still live in hope, though (Physics paper recheck).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Thraktor wrote:
    And FYI, I have missed out on the same course myself, so if anyone's going to be able to empathise with him it'd be myself. I still live in hope, though (Physics paper recheck).

i fail to see how you missing out on the same course justifies the poor taste joke.
    its the equivlent of saying since u didn't get an A1 in physics the first time around you really shouldn't be going for TP as u don't have the physics skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

Triceradon wrote:
    i fail to see how you missing out on the same course justifies the poor taste joke.
    its the equivlent of saying since u didn't get an A1 in physics the first time around you really shouldn't be going for TP as u don't have the physics skills.

I apologise. It was just a rather poor attempt at a joke, and I really didn't think anyone would be offended by it, I just felt it was ironic that a person who is trying to get into one of the most difficult mathematical courses in the country would make such an elementary mathematical error in their post. I'm not saying (although I may have joked) that someone who is good at maths never makes mathematical errors of this kind, it was just co-incidental that such a mistake would happen in the same post. Anyway, I really am sorry for my lack of a sense of humour and would like to apologise to anyone to whom such lack has caused offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Jammer wrote:
    Degree - Computer Science & Software Engineering in Maynooth
    Diploma/Cert - Computing (Information Technology) in Blanch IT

Both my 1st choices, so :D

Think i'll do the degree in maynooth!!

im doing that degree course, hahahaha :)
    i mean...welcome to the darkside.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Placebo wrote:
    im doing that degree course, hahahaha :)
    i mean...welcome to the darkside.

I'm doing that course too, we prob saw each other today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Placebo is a 3rd year lol, im a first year though - maybe i saw you and maybe i didnt...but do you remember me ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LOL, you didnt see me. :)

www.mikadosoc.ie

join it.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Placebo is a 3rd year lol, im a first year though - maybe i saw you and maybe i didnt...but do you remember me ?

:D

3rd year eh? I hope I get there! ;)

Anyways Viris, were you in that class where the mentor was at some science seminar or something? Because that's where I was. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Aha, so THAT'S who took the username I wanted. :D ("Placebo")

Back on topic...

Advertisement