Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeking out.

• 23-08-2004 6:08am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I woke up at 6.01, its 6. 07.

I got offered Fiontar in DCU, my second choice.

I thought it was first choice or wait til it goes to other choices.

WHat do I do? Someone please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Have you got enough points for you first choice? http://www.cao.ie/institutions/DEG04.HTM

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Thanks.

No, I'm five points short. Bastards. Lol, might be getting business rechecked for those five points, or wating for second round.

Hmm.....*sigh*

At least I'm not the only one up.

how'd you do?

Got theoretical physics in trinity 45 points clear

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Woop, you get to go to Trinners!

That;s cool. And waht a course.

Hmm....when's second round on your first choice come round?

Maybe I should have done my CAO diffrent. hahahhaha

Hmm, I'm going back to bed. ****ing World.

• Advertisement

Offer Schedule:

Round Zero

In early August there may be an issue of a small number of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not awaiting 2004 examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, e.g. mature applicants.

Round One

Issue of the main body of offers takes place as soon as possible after Irish Leaving Certificate Examination results become available. This is normally within a week of the issue of results to candidates, in mid-August.

At the same time as first round offers of places are issued to successful applicants, notices are sent to those who do not receive any offer.

Round Two

A second round of offers will be issued, usually in early September, to fill any remaining vacancies.

After Round Two

Thereafter, offers will be issued as necessary until October to fill any vacancies which may arise.

Sob, so I will be getting a recheck to get the points. Joyous joyous. I hope.

Congrats all.

Thanks for the help PrecariousNuts.

I'm off to bed.

Sob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

My nursing course DN110 (UCD), went UP 30 points from last year. Needless to say that I'm dissapointed as I was offered my 7th choice, Science in UCG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Jesjes, just to be clear - if you accept your second choice, and your first choice becomes available in a subsequent round, you will be offered it.

As I discovered after sleeping for seven hours in a bad humour not talking to anyone. Heh.

Here's hoping I get it second round OR after the rechecks.

I just accepted my second choice. So. Heres hoping I get another offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

after all this, ye kinda miss school. its was so much less complicated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Huh, waking up at 6. You shoulda *stayed up* til 6, it was much better, you care so much less what happens cause all that's on your mind is bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Got theoretical physics in trinity 45 points clear

All I can say is good luck to ya!! I did that course for one year and failed every exam. I just hope you LOVE difficult maths. (and a little bit of physics). Sorry I don't want to upset you, I'm sure a lot of people enjoy that course. Eh yeah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

I got up at 8 because i had to go to work. Wasn't even gonna check until i realilised i had 10 minutes to spare. Doing (well was gonna do) a portfolio course because i reckoned i wouldnt get visual communications because i missed the points by about 50.

However.
    I'm a lucky bitch.

the points dropped......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Jesjes wrote:
    So I woke up at 6.01, its 6. 07.

I got offered Fiontar in DCU, my second choice.

I thought it was first choice or wait til it goes to other choices.

WHat do I do? Someone please help.

ACCEPT THAT CHOICE! If you reject that, i believe you get offered nothing else whatsoever. However, if you accept your second choice, and on the second round your first choice drops by 10 points, you will get offered a place. But do not under any circumstances reject the offer, that screws up any chance of getting more offers (if i remember correctly).

It does, and I have accepted it!

Waiting for second round though.

Advertisement