Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts falling twenty points - my arse

Options
  • 23-08-2004 6:19am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Galway fell ten, and UCD five.

Didn't bother looking at much else, should give UCC a ganger I guess.

****ing getting peoples hopes up. Ridicolous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

a load of bolox the whole thing is, i was only offered my 3rd choice degree and 5th coice diploma,and i have the points for 1st degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

was there special requirements? like u needed a B3 in higher maths or anything? dont know of any other reason whey that'd happen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Healio wrote:
    a load of bolox the whole thing is, i was only offered my 3rd choice degree and 5th coice diploma,and i have the points for 1st degree.
    I don't quite understand.... do you mean you have the points and the computer made an error or something? You know there are other rounds of offers, right? It might not be all doom and gloom?

I only assume that there are forty places, and forty one or more applied with higher points, otherwise im stumped.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

you checked for matriculation requirements right? you need to have a certain grades in certain courses to get into specific institutions and courses.

• Advertisement

oh yeah done all that i just think its more people wanted to do it who got higher points than me, ah well i'll hold out a little longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Hey guys and gals, just wondering, I was offered my 3rd choice degree, if I accept that and my no.1 degree becomes available will i be able to change to that? I read the cao website but im too tired/locked to understand it. Any help would be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

any1 able to help?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yeah, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Healio wrote:
    You have the points for it last year probably.

The points change year to year, but not by much. Hence why last year's points are only a guideline, not a guarantee.

You'll almost be guaranteed though that someone will not take the offer. If you're just below the points, you stand a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I don't understand. Surely you either

a) have points as per your LC 2004 which either equal or exceed the required number of points (plus other specific entry requirements) for your first choice course or
    b) you don't - in which case, they check that you have points per your LC 2004 which either equal or exceed the required number of points (plus other specific entry requirements) for your second choice course or
    c) you don't - in which case...and so on

It's rare that the CAO 'pooter makes a fundamental mistake of just miscalculating...

(you could, of course, be one of the unlucky souls falling prey to random selection, in which case, sorry! - hope it works out)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I've only jsut gotten up, ignore all phone calls and texts, which so persistantly interupted my dreams.

Fúckin' ingrates.

I just accepted DCU, but I really want Galway.

So, rechecks and second rounds here I come.

(you could, of course, be one of the unlucky souls falling prey to random selection, in which case, sorry! - hope it works out)

I didnt think of that.

Advertisement