Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton saved from the brink of destruction?

• 23-08-2004 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I guess all evertonians have been following the events of the weekend and I must say I feel alot happier than i did after the 4-1 defeat to Arsenal.

After that match I had resigned ot the fact that we were 100% relegation canditates. But now there is hope. Hope of at least avoiding relegation this season and possible building for the future.

Kenwright has come out and said that Everton have been keeping an eye on quite a few players during the summer and the next ten days will reveal all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

are you talking about russian money or because everton beat palace?
    if the russian, i'd hate to see another abromovich circus in the premiership
    if beating palace, i wouldn't count beating a relegation team with a dodgy keeper as all that great

speaking of relegation teams (norwich) is anyone else sick of delia smith?
    i don't care who she supports (shes noone to me) and i dont want to look at her every game
    yesterday it was frank skinner at WBA, i dont care who supports these bottom of the league teams!
    that said, at least they aren't glory hunters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anton Zingarevich is the boy and he hates Abromovich.....his father is the 75th richest person in Russia!! think he is still a student in UK or something....only 23......only investing 20mil in Everton which isnt much considering they are over 40 mil in the red.....maybe Kenwright is just getting him in to try and get rid of any take over bids....if I was an Everton supporter would rather see Kenwright out and then let him invest......Kenwright will just take the money...waste it and the team wont improve!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Anton Zingarevich is the boy and he hates Abromovich.....his father is the 75th richest person in Russia!! think he is still a student in UK or something....only 23......only investing 20mil in Everton which isnt much considering they are over 40 mil in the red.....maybe Kenwright is just getting him in to try and get rid of any take over bids....if I was an Everton supporter would rather see Kenwright out and then let him invest......Kenwright will just take the money...waste it and the team wont improve!!

The 20 million is an initial investment. I understand your point about the debt its an awful cloud looming over the club but if they can wipe out the 6 million overdraft and give 10 million for getting in players. then i think moyes miight be able to attract some above average players.

He is currently looking to sign Djimi Traore who i must admit i know not much about and Steve Finnan which i think would be a good addition to the club.

This season the main aim was to avoid relagation but if we can be position like 11th or 12th it would be considered a really good season and that should be the realistic goal for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Thing is would Kenwright give 10mil of it towards players?

Yeah Moyles has asked Liverpool about year long load deals for Finnan and Traore......Traore is not a bad defender....needs first team football and he will prob come on leaps and bounds....he is injuryed at the moment....not sure if they will get Finnan....Blackburn already tried for a loan deal and they where told to come back with cash so maybe if they get that 10mil then 2mil cud bring in Finnan which wud be a good signing

Would be worried though about Newcastle seemily ready to bid 7Mil for Yobo to replace Woodgate

Advertisement