Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major reputation issue.

Options
  • 23-08-2004 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

I seem to be unable to give Arcadegame2004 anymore negative reputation points. This is causing me some serious discomfort as some of his posts clearly deserve it. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem. When will this be fixed? Is there a work around we can use in the meantime?

MrP
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yea you have to spread it around before you can give to someone again.

He's already at -100 to -200.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a small price to pay MrPudding, to stop abuse of the system. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

MrPudding wrote:
    I seem to be unable to give Arcadegame2004 anymore negative reputation points. This is causing me some serious discomfort as some of his posts clearly deserve it. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem. When will this be fixed? Is there a work around we can use in the meantime?

you got's ta spread the lurve baby

let me help you with that
    <---- just click on my cloudie thingie there :D;)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Beruthiel wrote:
    you got's ta spread the lurve baby

let me help you with that
    <---- just click on my cloudie thingie there :D;)
    It's cleary a weighing scales :p .

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

yep, it seems that my little scales icon is magic..if you click on "I approve" all of your wishes will come true :D

go on, click it...you know you want to :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

yep, some naked ladies just walked into my office and asked for Sarky, and they had some gifts for Boston... A bike, some Barbie dolls...
    I will send them off your way so ;)

tanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I have been spreading it and still I cannot give him more. Has he hit the lower limit?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Naw you just need to spread it more man :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

MrPudding wrote:
    I have been spreading it and still I cannot give him more. Has he hit the lower limit?

You know, anyone reading the Politics forum knew who you were trying to bash anyway, you didn't have to spell it out for everyone ...

• Advertisement

For whoever it was, I think you will find it is loser not losser.

MrP

ecksor wrote:
    You know, anyone reading the Politics forum knew who you were trying to bash anyway, you didn't have to spell it out for everyone ...

I know, sorry. Subtlety is one of the few things I have never been accused of.

MrP

Congratulations to oeNeo for the first reputation related ban. Banned and back on a promise of good behaviour, he decides to amuse himself by spending a half hour or so flinging **** at people anonymously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

ecksor wrote:
    Congratulations to oeNeo for the first reputation related ban. Banned and back on a promise of good behaviour, he decides to amuse himself by spending a half hour or so flinging **** at people anonymously.

people get banned for calling you an idiot now?

No, but when you 20 minutes or so dishing out the likes of 'idiot', 'losser', '****ing retard', 'senile' and 'fag' then you violate the conditions under which I unbanned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Sorry are you saying then that calling a person an "idiot" by itself is not a bannable offence?

Sorry are you saying then that calling a person an "idiot" by itself is not a bannable offence?

Not in this case. In general, I can't think of somewhere it would be but I'm not going to say something for definite that will get referenced later.

Actually, what was unclear about the "No, but" answer the first time I was asked that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Just looking for clarity, you explained that that wasnt the reason for banning oeNeo, I was just wondering if calling someone an idiot (and nothing more) constituted a personal insult or flame in your opinion and that if yes, weather such a flame warrents a ban.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. "No, but" seems like the best answer. It's unlikely but depends on context. A moderator might decide to ban you from a forum based on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Free Oeneo!

he's twice as articulate and twice as reasoned as you, losser

Ouch. Yet again let me point out the word you are looking for is loser not losser. If you are going to give bad reputation to someone and don't even have the balls to leave your name you should at least try to get you spelling right.

MrP

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

from someone who thinks I have too much green:
    enough with the friggin green cards, have some red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd balance it out, but it takes me a lot of time to find enough others to give rep in order to spread it around again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Beruthiel wrote:

Is there an upper limit to the amount of karma a person can have? Or will people end up with huge masses of green around their avatar?

losser tbh

Seriously people, how many times do I have to post this. The word you are looking for is loser. And one small point. I very obviously don’t care about my rep, if I did I wouldn’t keep posting here to attract negative points. The fact that you can’t even leave you name implies that you are worried about me retaliating and harming your rating. You sir/madam are the loser (note the correct spelling.)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Beruthiel wrote:
    Unless that person has 3-5 dots they aren't going to do any damage to your rep.

I get lots of neg rep but they are all 1-0 points taken off on average. The positive reps tend to be 3-20.
    Just looking for clarity, you explained that that wasnt the reason for banning oeNeo, I was just wondering if calling someone an idiot (and nothing more) constituted a personal insult or flame in your opinion and that if yes, weather such a flame warrents a ban.

It would depend on the context of the post they are commenting on. For example I gave cows with guns neg rep with the comment "Dumbass" for his personal attack comment on myself in a thread (nothing about the thread itself). Now if I had picked a random thread and called him a dumbass I would of more likely been slapped for it.

You can't get away from being offensive in rep, but at the same time it doesn't protect you from posting crap and expecting not to get a comment back.

That said.. Ecksor and other admins are pretty much the rules. so they can turn around and say I did wrong and nowt I Can do about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I know this is slightly OT (and I'll probably lose whatever paltry rep points I have for it) but it's not really worth starting a seperate thread over. What does it mean when you get a grey box where your list of rep points is ? Obviously green = good, red = bad but the only thing I can think grey would mean is neutral, and there isn't even a comment for it so why bother ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It means the rep doesn't influence your points, because that person either has bad rep themselves or are really new (I think...), so all in all it makes no difference if you have grey ones.

Advertisement