Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major reputation issue.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Well. Whoever called me ásshole could at least have told me their name!? It amazes me how seriously people take this. Truly does. I'm going to have to randomly give out negative karma to people on this thread in revenge.

It amazes me how seriously your taking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Here's a suggestion...

How's about setting it up so that the next person to start a thread whining about reputation gets -100 rep automatically?

Either that or just ban all talk about the bloody thing.

Jeez, give away all the secrets why dont you.

you want to tell them that boards.ie is actually run out of cuba while youre at it?

leave some of the mystism man!

You know as well as I do that the real truth behind boards.ie is hidden behind a web of dissinformation and smoke and mirrors. If it was ever to come out, well let's just say a demonic invasion on Mars would be a picnic in comparison.

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ok whats does a blue box mean
    Green = good karma
    Red = negative karma

so blue = ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

A single blue box or dot apprears when a user had disabled their reputation where they have permission of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hey, all you horrible people who gave me negative karma can go to hell!

what goes around comes around man....

by the way, id like to thank all the extra nice special people who gave me positive karma. you guys rule. i will spread the love around some more today.

its good to be held in the loving folds of boards.ie

i dont know why those other people are so whiney and whingey and give out negative karma. i mean, what points are you trying to make.

oh, i got a cool one

'The really sad thing is that you're probably utterly convinced you're being funny. I can see you just sitting there thinking "I'm sound"'.

yep, you got me! i do think im sound. what was your point after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

MrPudding wrote:
    I will not be doing it willy nilly. I will wait until the right comment comes along. I can’t be bothered trolling through the threads again for the posts that really annoyed me. I will wait for new ones, shouldn’t have too long to wait.
    MrP

Have you really nothing better to do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

amp wrote:
    It amazes me how seriously your taking this.

That's negative Karma for you amp boy.
    There's a slight different between some makie uppie karma thing and calling someone an arséhole for no reason otehr than it's anonymous.

Even still my post was meant to be jocular. Not serious.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    That's negative Karma for you amp boy.
    There's a slight different between some makie uppie karma thing and calling someone an arséhole for no reason otehr than it's anonymous.

Ok, let's take that scenario and play it out. Someone calls you an arsehole or worse. You complain to an Admin who can see who did the calling and if necessary the admin takes action. The name-caller risks getting banned.

Also, people rarely like to call people arseholes if they don't actually think that. And there's a limited amount of times you can call someone an asshole.

I think you're typical of the type of poster who thinks that they are funnier/ more popular/whatever than they actually are and you've probably got a lot of negative rep. Instead of looking at yourself and your posts you are blaming the system. Just like a arsehole.

In fairness I am mostly posting this because I can imagine your frustration at not being able to give me negative rep for a while because you already have.

lol

Even still my post was meant to be jocular. Not serious.

Ah the classic "I was joking" defence. Nice try Loon but I know your taking this very seriously. Proove me wrong by not replying to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

fúckin ársehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

amp wrote:
    Proove me wrong by not replying to this thread.
    Devious! :D

hey, be positive people. there is no need to fight.
    just throw your positive karma around dudes, and be chilled.
    oh, and throw some my way.
    it allows me to pretend that people like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Why is it that of the multitude of boards using the Karma system, we seem to be the only ones having trouble with it? I've never heard any complaints about it anywhere else. The idea is to encourage useful/ interesting/ polite discussion, not to playground each other for old grudges...

Why is it that of the multitude of boards using the Karma system, we seem to be the only ones having trouble with it? I've never heard any complaints about it anywhere else. The idea is to encourage useful/ interesting/ polite discussion, not to playground each other for old grudges...

Because boards.ie hosts some of the finest whingers on the planet. If it was an Olympic sport we'd covered in gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

No, we nearly get gold, then we'd whinge it wasn't gold enough and that the other people shouldn't be allowed get silver and bronze, because our whinging was so good. Then somebody would disqualify us, and we'd be satisfied.

amp wrote:
    Ok, let's take that scenario and play it out. Someone calls you an arsehole or worse. You complain to an Admin who can see who did the calling and if necessary the admin takes action. The name-caller risks getting banned.

Cop on there amp. I actually don't take being called an arséhole on here too seriously. You may notice that quite a few of the posts on the last 2 pages have not been very serious. But think what you will.
    I think you're typical of the type of poster who thinks that they are funnier/ more popular/whatever than they actually are and you've probably got a lot of negative rep. Instead of looking at yourself and your posts you are blaming the system. Just like a arsehole.

Err.... right thanks for the insults. I don't think. I know. Just to repeat, rep doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Ah the classic "I was joking" defence. Nice try Loon but I know your taking this very seriously. Proove me wrong by not replying to this thread.

Oh damn, and gosh ya got me! :)
    I've nothing to prove to you boy so I'll decline you're offer. I think you're starting to take this a bit seriously now. As soon as I can give you rep again, I'll give ye some positive, just to show I can rise above you're insults and trolling. Turn the other cheek and all that.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Cop on there amp. I actually don't take being called an arséhole on here too seriously. You may notice that quite a few of the posts on the last 2 pages have not been very serious. But think what you will.

Err.... right thanks for the insults. I don't think. I know. Just to repeat, rep doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Oh damn, and gosh ya got me! :)
    I've nothing to prove to you boy so I'll decline you're offer. I think you're starting to take this a bit seriously now. As soon as I can give you rep again, I'll give ye some positive, just to show I can rise above you're insults and trolling. Turn the other cheek and all that.

QED

You seem to be calling me boy a lot. When I was a boy, you were still defecating your pampers.

P.s Nice one Jill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I thought jill's comment would have been the end to this thread.

People make me glum.

amp wrote:
    QED

You seem to be calling me boy a lot. When I was a boy, you were still defecating your pampers.

Doesn't matter lad. I still defecate my pants. I bet you do too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Jesus Loon, let it go ffs. Its been proven many times that noone on boards gives a flying monkeys what amp says. Jump on the wagon.

Jesus Loon, let it go ffs. Its been proven many times that noone on boards gives a flying monkeys what amp says. Jump on the wagon.

I know, I know, I'm just keeping him entertained.
    It's only every few months one of these highly amusing threads pops up. You have to keep it going as long as possible before it's locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

that dont impress me much, nah, nah, nah, nah...

anyone for the last few choc ices now...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

anyone for the last few choc ices now...?
    thanks uncle finbar!!!

I give many flying primates to what I say. So you're wrong. Asshole.

/me runs off crying :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

that dont impress me much, nah, nah, nah, nah...

so you think your brad pitt?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I don't think it's a wagon anymore
    it's a train with 10 carriages at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Guy. Please. Can we get this back on topic? Is anyone else still having problems giving AG2004 rep points? Bad or otherwise. Mostly bad I would imagine.

Does anyone know what the lower limit is? Would AG2004 be willing to tell us his exact rating?

MrP

Advertisement