Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE to screen Deportivo V Shelbourne second leg

• 23-08-2004 12:13pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

RTÉ will provide live exclusive coverage of the second leg of Shelbourne's Champions League clash with Deportivo La Coruna, the station announced this morning.

Shelbourne are looking to become the first Irish team to make it through to the Champions League proper after holding Deportivo to a draw a fortnight ago.

Shels now face the Champions League regulars in Spain for the return leg tomorrow night in a bid to make it through to the prestigious group stage of the Champions League.

Coverage begins on RTÉ Network 2 at 7.55pm.

RC Deportivo La Coruna v Shelbourne (Champions League Third Qualifying Round Second Leg): Tuesday August 24 at 7.55pm on RTÉ Network 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Great news :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

good, but why is this game on tuesday?
    dumbass uefa, the united games both on wednesday, liverpool both on tuesday, but shels get wednesday then tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

good news!!

I think Shels have a good chance, Deportivo havent started their season yet, a lot of the players are unmotivated. They have some key injuries, Silvia etc and 8 of their 11 players played in that 1-1 draw to that Saudi team.

Deportivo were supposed to buy players but they are under severe financial problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Fingers crossed. Anyone know any good pubs to go watch it in? I'll be just moved into my new house tomorrow and the TV shít was all cut off last friday, so it won't be working by tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

eyerer wrote:
    good, but why is this game on tuesday?
    dumbass uefa, the united games both on wednesday, liverpool both on tuesday, but shels get wednesday then tuesday?

What does it matter?

Is it because you want to see the 'Pool match as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Thought it would be a wednesday game too .. oh well I'll be watchin' the game on RTé .. ahh sure Liverpool are pretty much through ... (fingers crossed) Hopefully Shels can upset the spainiards on there home turf ... ya never know , its a funny old game etc.

What does it matter?

Is it because you want to see the 'Pool match as well?

yes, is there something wrong with that?
    if they are both shown on tuesday i'll record one and watch the other live

eyerer wrote:
    yes, is there something wrong with that?
    if they are both shown on tuesday i'll record one and watch the other live

Nothing wrong with it at all. Pick which one you want to see and get on with it is all.

Remember, ManYoo fans had the same problem two weeks ago. Hard and all as it is to grasp, UEFA don't arrange their fixtures so that Liverpool fans won't miss their team in action.

you seem to have some sort of problem, i didn't say what way uefa should arrange their fixtures, it doesn't make sense that the others play on the same days but shelbourne get switched around

i don't get why some people just have to have an attitude problem

eyerer wrote:
    i don't get why some people just have to have an attitude problem

Exactly.
    eyerer wrote:
    dumbass uefa

;)

You're problem is not that Shels played their first match on Wednesday, and will play their second on a Tuesday, but that you want to watch both Liverpool and Shelbourne. Would the same apply in domestic leagues? "I want to go to the Everton-Arsenal match, and the Villa-Southampton match, stupid FA having them on at the same time..."

Outside this country I'd say most people would have little sympathy for you, and would find it difficult to understand your dilemna.

Choose who you want to support, video the other, and get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maybe they actually were trying to help you out, cause you got to watch the liverpool match last time, but this time you have to double, just like United ppl had to choose the match last time but this time get to watch both.

Or maybe they just don't care and it suited both clubs perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

eyerer, I doubt it has anything to do with UEFA. Shels are playing a league match on Friday while the English teams don't play until Sat/Sun.

Exactly.

that meant you

it doesn't matter what match i want to watch, do you understand.....?

thanks for the sensible comment eirebhoy, thats probably it

I'll walk away from this one, I need a banning like I need a hole in the head.

G'luck now.

Add therecklessone to your ignore list?
    Submit

Advertisement