Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultra Wide Band

• 23-08-2004 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Ultra Wide Band (UWB) products are available in Ireland yet? They can be used for home entertainment but I am more interested in a LAN/PAN set-up. They have only recently been approved for production in America but as yet I can't seem to find anyone who manufactures viable products. They are extremely high throughput shortrange devices.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Eglinton wrote:
    Does anyone know if Ultra Wide Band (UWB) products are available in Ireland yet? They can be used for home entertainment but I am more interested in a LAN/PAN set-up. They have only recently been approved for production in America but as yet I can't seem to find anyone who manufactures viable products. They are extremely high throughput shortrange devices.

Its not licenced in Europe yet. If you do get devices you will have to apply of an tempoary exemption. As far as I know you can get devlopment kits but the will cost ya. Im trying to buy an indoor positioning system based on UWB at the min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Do you know where I could get any from around the world. I know about the licensing alright. Thats not a problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Some guys down in CIT are doing reseach with it you could try them. Google for some products, i never found anything though. There are so many potential uses that it the hardware may be very hard to get to suit yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

check out the likes of PaloWireless for relevant UWB links and info... although mostly reference designs and dev kits at this stage...

here a decent enough article with some relevant links on the current state of play in the ongoing delay with the 'standard'...
    Consumer Confusion Over UWB Is Good For Consumers?

BrianG

Advertisement