Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Meteor PAYG Call Costs

Options
  • 23-08-2004 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Meteor have announced details of their new price plans.

ANYTIME PLUS
    Meteor - Meteor 20c
    Text Message (ROI) 9c
    Voicemail FREE
    Meteor - Landline
    (ROI) 20c
    Meteor - other networks
    (ROI) 20c

LEISURE TIME PLUS PEAK OFF-PEAK
    Meteor - Meteor 40c 13c
    Text Message (ROI) 9c 9c
    Voicemail FREE FREE
    Meteor - Landline (ROI) 40c 13c
    Meteor - other networks (ROI) 40c 13c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

That is a great improvement on their already low priced packages. With national coverage and these low prices most people are much better off on Meteor PAYG.

They seem to still have anytime and leisure time packages. Why would anyone stay on them when they could choose anytime plus and leisure time plus??

Now looking at the small print ...

International call prices have increased by up to 40% and calls to premium numbers have increased as well :(
    Still much cheaper than O2 and Vodafone PAYG

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

Also you no longer qualify for their bonus rewards scheme.

Their anytime scheme really has changed though.... really great vfm if you are calling other networks by day.

Akula wrote:
    really great vfm if you are calling other networks by day.

Yeah, nothing bill or PAYG on O2 or Voda comes close to matching the value of the new packages.

What they have done is decrease the cost of the 'visible' charges that everyone looks at in exchange for increasing the 'invisible' costs that less prospective customers will look at. Still almost all customers should benefit from the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fungus wrote:
    Yeah, nothing bill or PAYG on O2 or Voda comes close to matching the value of the new packages.

What they have done is decrease the cost of the 'visible' charges that everyone looks at in exchange for increasing the 'invisible' costs that less prospective customers will look at. Still almost all customers should benefit from the changes.

Where did you copy that out off ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Jamie8292

So those price plans are called Anytime "Plus" and Leisuretime "Plus".
    Will the original price plans Anytime and Leisuretime still be available?

And also, when do these new plans come into effect?

They are in effect immediately. You just need to ring and switch.

New customers can't go onto the old plans. But existing customers can stay on the old ones. Once you switch to the new one you can't go back.

I fcuking hate meteor. Last night I switched to Anytime because I wanted the Meteor - Meteor 9c calls with the Anytime plan.

And on the exact same frickin day they go and change all their plans????? And the sneaky little rats don't even notify me of it!

I am cursed by Meteor. And one day, for all the stress they have caused me, I will get my revenge.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Why don't you change operators if you hate them so much?

Where did you copy that out off

Nowhere :) Straight from the head :)
    Jamie8292 wrote:
    I fcuking hate meteor. Last night I switched to Anytime because I wanted the Meteor - Meteor 9c calls with the Anytime plan.

And on the exact same frickin day they go and change all their plans????? And the sneaky little rats don't even notify me of it!

I am cursed by Meteor. And one day, for all the stress they have caused me, I will get my revenge.....

you make no sense

What problem have you got with Anytime verus Anytime plus?
    It is a much better package for the majority of customers. Do you make lots of international calls on your Meteor mobile?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 90s

Akula wrote:
    Also you no longer qualify for their bonus rewards scheme.QUOTE]

Where did you read this I just checked theie web site and you do still get the rewards..... http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/payasyougo.html

you make no sense

What problem have you got with Anytime verus Anytime plus?
    It is a much better package for the majority of customers. Do you make lots of international calls on your Meteor mobile?

If you're not gonna read my post then don't say it doesn't make sense. I said i changed because of the Meteor to Meteor 9c calls, which under the new Plus plan are now 20c.
    Why don't you change operators if you hate them so much?

Because the person I'm going out with is Meteor so we text each other for free. That's why I wanted the meteor to meteor 9c calls.

Meteor told me that the rewards plans were going completely.

Also as for Jamie RELAX! The anytime tariff is still there and you can stay on it. You don't HAVE to move to the new tariff, so why are you complaining?

Sorry Akula just got an email from Meteor saying that too.......

If you're not gonna read my post then don't say it doesn't make sense.

Jamie, thats a bit rich in fairness. The least you could do would be to read other peoples responses. As mentioned before nobody is taking away your 9c calls to meteor anytime, you can stay on the OLD meteor anytime for as long as you want.

Cheer up!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

So do you lose the meteor rewards or not? I'm confused!

The Meteor website still contains info on rewards ( http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/payasyougo.html ) for all packages.

I guess we will have to wait till around sept 9th to know for certain.

The Web site is not very clear I emailed them and Yes you do lose the rewards if you move to the + options

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Damn, so are they trying to phase out their reward scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Damn, so are they trying to phase out their reward scheme?

I am going to stay on Leisure time to keep the rewards scheme. €3 for topping up with €15 is pretty good.

But 20c Anytime rates are excellant. Other networks charge an arm & a leg for day time calls.

Do u still have to top up every 6 months with the new plans?

• Advertisement
Advertisement