Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Tax Back for the years I worked

Options
  • 23-08-2004 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting all my taxes reviewed to see if I have overpaid over the years.

Before I get onto the tax man, just want to find out if maybe I am wasting my time.

I want to get all my taxes checked back to 1997 what would the procedure be for this ??

Thanks

Woody

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Look for form 11 on www.revenue.ie

Get all you P60/45s, get receipts etc for rent, work expenses.

Talk to an accountant / book-keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Cheers Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Would you not be concerned about drawing attention to yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Palmerstown04

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Get on to the Revenue and ask them for your P21

This will come with an attached Cheque of Tax owed to you. They do all the work(they may make mistakes - check). I got my one 2 weeks ago for €777.30 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

I do the general accounts for a few companies - not qualified (yet) to do the actual final accounts. Anyway I was dropping down one of the companies accounts yesterday and I have received some dividends from it as I have a 10% share. The accountant said he feels I may have overpaid tax for 2003 so asked for a look at my P60 and it turns out I'm due back around €2000 :D. So its really worth checking - hope you're as lucky as me Woody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Not sure whether this is the same:

I was abroad (In Oz / US / et al.) for the first six months of this tax year (and the last six months of the last tax year) ... having started a new job my TFA / Credits are the same as I got the last time -- i.e. I am paying tax.... I expected this but am I able to claim this tax back as I will have overpaid tax when it comes to year end...

If yes how?

Note: I have already successfully claimed back tax for the last tax year (2003) using the form P50? - first claim for tax refund during unemployment...

Advertisement