Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Xv125s

Options
  • 23-08-2004 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I have a 125 virago was just wonderin was this true that the 125 is just a 250 restricted down to a 125???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

vx125 engine has 124cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

lol,why would they do something stupid like that?itd be a complete waste of a 250cc engine,
    I know other bikes(like the bandit 6) have been available with restrictors which take it down to 125cc power but i cant see the point in restricting a 250cc to 125

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I wouldn't say so but I did used to own A Yamaha XVS125 Dragstar which was nearly identicle to the XVS250 dragstar the only difference being the size of engine in cc's, outside the engines looked almost the same which in theory would mean that you could buy the bigger engine and put it into your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Furp wrote:
    I wouldn't say so but I did used to own A Yamaha XVS125 Dragstar which was nearly identicle to the XVS250 dragstar the only difference being the size of engine in cc's, outside the engines looked almost the same which in theory would mean that you could buy the bigger engine and put it into your bike.

Yep, your right. Bolt for bolt the 125 and the 250 virago's are the same. I looked into this before when I owned one. If you can find someone that can do an change out on the cheep. You would be sorted. At the time I had found a cheep 250 Virago from up noth through the buy and sell. So if your thinking about it. keep an eye out there

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

yesh thats why i thought the engine mightbe restricted cause they looked identical from the outside.
    Just whilst im here on one side theres the air intake in the chrome shell at the front, theres a little gizmo in the the other one on the left side any ideas what it is

cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement