Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI to launch new Logo

• 23-08-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Link

The Football Association of Ireland will launch of the Association’s new logo, website, fans club and range of merchandise on Wednesday next, 25th August 2004 at 11am.

Speaking this evening, Fran Rooney, Chief Executive Officer of the Football Association of Ireland said, “ We are entering a new and exciting period for football in Ireland both on and off the pitch. It’s the start of another World Cup Qualifying campaign with the announcement of the squad for the upcoming games on Tuesday and we are 90 minutes away from achieving the target of our clubs reaching the latter stages of a European Club Competition as Shelbourne carry great hopes to Deportivo La Coruna,“ Mr Rooney said.

“Wednesday next then also sees the start of a new phase in the commercial and business development of the Football Association of Ireland as we launch our new logo, website and fans club,” Mr Rooney added.

“We will also introduce a range of merchandise, which with the support and cooperation of our sponsors, we will bring to market and sell to our fans worldwide and which we believe will assist in the development of grassroots football,” Mr Rooney concluded.

I was reading about this in the Star yesterday and of course they put a sensationalist spin on the story saying that there was going to be uproar among fans because the traditional Shamrock was not as prominent on the logo as it is on the current one. :rolleyes:

Personally I think it's good thing for the FAI to do. New look, new launch, etc. If managed properly the FAI could finally turn into a professional organisation and finally lay to bed past fiascos.

B.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

money wasted me thinks... didnt it cost eircom like 300 million to rebrand them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

its going to be a mug shot of roy keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Most associations change their logo every 10 years or so. Do like the current FAI one tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The current logo is muck so this can only be a good thing. I'm looking forward to the new website too. What is this fan club about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

its going to be a mug shot of roy keane.

LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I hope its a good logo. The current one looks like something that a child in playschool would draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Did anybody see it? Did the Star print it when they wrote about it last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Shamrok wrote:
    Did anybody see it? Did the Star print it when they wrote about it last week?

The article was in the Star yesterday and they gave a brief description but they didn't print it as it's "Top Secret" apparently. According to Star anybody that has seen it had to sign a cofidentiality clause.

But as I said earlier, they reckon there will be uproar and mass unrest when the general public get to see it on Wednesday due to the shamrock being less prevailent then before. Don't ya just love the tabloids!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Isn't it great to know that inseatd of developing a world class development centre and soccer acadmey for this nations youth they are launching a new logo, fan club and website, fair play to them.

The FAI is a joke, there is a reason our best players leave the country, our infostructre for sport (of all kinds) is third world.

They wouldn't even have to pay for an acadmey, they could do what they did in belgium, holland and the Czech Rep. and get Europes main clubs to "sponser" the development, and in return they have a "draft" of player when they hit 16/17/18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's just a ploy to sell more jerseys in a year that the FAI missed out on the lucrative sales boost of the European Championships. They can have all the daft logos they want but until the FAI launch an Irish shirt that isn't ruined by corporate sponsorship, I won't buy one. It's a disgrace that the Irish shirt is the only European shirt that you can't buy without a horrid sponsorship logo plastered across the front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Seaneh wrote:
    Isn't it great to know that inseatd of developing a world class development centre and soccer acadmey for this nations youth they are launching a new logo, fan club and website, fair play to them.

Agreed! This is a total joke. You'd think the FAI would have better things to be doing than trying to become the McDonalds of world football by rebranding themselves yet again.

All I can say is let's hope the new logo has the image of an overweight middle age man in a suit and green scarf surrounded by the words 'I'm loving it' .... 'it' of course being whatever the latest bull**** idea to come out of 80 Merrion Square just happens to be.

It might also be worth noting that this will be the THIRD logo change the Fai has had since 1986 ....... so should anyone really care at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

the GENESIS report was the best thing to happen the FAI..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It made no differance.
    Same people in charge, same amature attuide, same pethetic youth system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Get over it sean. Its a ****in logo, it will hardly cost the same as developing a youth academy. Sheesh, high horse or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Money making racket!

Advertisement