Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

University Archers Outdoors

• 23-08-2004 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

There is an outdoor competition in Summerhill this weekend, and the Irish Open is in Lexlip 2 weeks after that, i hope plenty of ye will take part, 30m is easier than 18m indoor (you will score higher) and 50m isn't too bad either.

There was a competition at Dublin Archers last week, and university students won the Short Metric, Provisional FITA and took 1st and 2nd in the Ladies FITA.

Almost anyone who has shot 40cm targets at intervarsities is capable of shooting a short metric after a few days practice, so give it a shot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

You need IAAA membership to shoot at IAAA competions. If I'm not mistaken, the only way to get IAAA membership at the moment is to join a full IAAA club, and college clubs are NOT full IAAA clubs.

In IAAA constitution (when irisharchery.com was online), there is no explicit requirement to join some club to get association membership. I was trying to get it without joining any club last year, but nobody could answer a question "how to do it?".

At least, one good way out could be to pay just IAAA fees (~40 euros p.a. for students) to allow to shoot in competitions. Practicing could still be done at college clubs.

Or, if this new ISAA or CAGE or whatever is made, it and IAAA could agree on students shooting in IAAA competitions without full IAAA membership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

If any IV archers want to join the IAAA through a club Dublin Archers is here(to take your money!!!) we're always on the lookout for new members! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

OK, but how much are club fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

What date is the Irish Open on and who do I contact to book myself in?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Sin

Dublin Archers charges €20 club fee,which means that a full years club & IAAA membership is €60. There is a reduction in IAAA fee for half year membership but I don't know how much it is, but that means that you'd be a member of the association until January for less than €60 and entitled to shoot in any competition you choose.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

It was always possible to join the IAAA through our own clubs in the past. I've had no problem doing it through DCU Archery.

And that was before we became a full club. Or well... Don't think they've paid that cheque yet but HUSH. *wanders off*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

If you want to book into the irish open send me an email noelfarrell8@hotmail.com.
    Or send it to Richard Darcy

It on the weekend of the 18th

A normal Fita on the Sat and a Oylimpic nockout on the sunday

Advertisement