Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did anyone else like dark angel

• 23-08-2004 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

DARK ANGEL - James Camren

Well I know its was hardly cutting edge sci-fi or anything but I really liked it and I was so disapointed when they ended it so abruptly with no real plot conclusion.

Any one else think the same or did you hate it?

Shirls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I used to watch it when it first aired, quite enjoyed it till they introduced mutants and the like :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was generally enjoyable fluff. Contrary to Azezil though, I liked when they introuced the mutant rebellion at the end of the second season - it finally felt like the show was going somewhere, particularly in the closing moments when they declared their own nation (I loves my arcs). Then, just as the show had gotten good, they cancelled it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 shirley

Ending it without any real satisfaction I just hate that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I liked the show i seen them all buy it was soo dissapointling like space above and beyond they canceled it. There was a huge online patation at one stage with many many many votes and it didnt chance there minds if someone gives me a link to a patation ill sign it

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Yep it was a very enjoyable show, why do they always cancel the good ones......

Also Whats her name ****** Alba was nice to look at :D

I remember reading somewhere that the production costs on that show were BIG and then the ratings started to drop so thats what killed it, Pity the end of season two was good.. Left wide open but plenty of action..

Just my 2$

Misty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i watched it liked it but was annoyed at the cancel just like with SAAB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I watched a few episodes when it first started off, but I can't say I ever liked it. Thought it was fairly uninteresting altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

It was lightweight but enjoyable stuff. And Jessica Alba was certainly easy on the eye. Like ixoy said it was just beginning to take shape when they cancelled it. Unfortunately networks just don't seem to be prepared to take any risks with sci-fi shows any more. The first series of Babylon 5 was hardly its strongest but it was allowed to mature. Nowadays series like Odyssey 5 and Firefly get killed off long before they have had a chance to develop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pado

Dark Angel,not a bad show.My wife & I used to watch it.But she didnt realise my only reason for doing so was jessica alba,mmmm!!Dont you just hate it when they cut off a show when it starts to make sense and seems to be going somewhere?Remember john doe?that show was the same.Any way Dark angel-The ps2 game was fantastically bad though. Cant wait to see that dancing movie miss alba's in,what's it called???I've just gotta know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

mmm Honey mmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Thought it was a really good show until they started producing buffy-style demons as mutants. That changed the whole direction and we never got to see where they were planning to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

pado wrote:
    Dark Angel,not a bad show.My wife & I used to watch it.But she didnt realise my only reason for doing so was jessica alba,mmmm!!Dont you just hate it when they cut off a show when it starts to make sense and seems to be going somewhere?Remember john doe?that show was the same.Any way Dark angel-The ps2 game was fantastically bad though. Cant wait to see that dancing movie miss alba's in,what's it called???I've just gotta know.

Honey - Trust me it sucks to high heaven. Not worth the time it take to turn it on. *sigh*

I liked Dark Angel - I found it especially amusing when she went into "heat / season" which ever they called it . :D Close enough to the truth to be just a bit scary - LOL !

Advertisement