Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the frames...

Options
  • 23-08-2004 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

well, i LOVE them, but ive been hearing a lot of bad things being said about them elsewhere (namely on the rock/metal board) so yeah, what do you think?
    love them? hate them? couldnt care less but is gonna vote anyway?
    vote here...

hmm, i cant seem to be able to find the "insert poll" thing...
    maybe some oh-so-generous moderator will put one in? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Oh god, not another thread. Please delete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Laine

I think The Frames are great. I did have that old 'chip on my shoulder' for a while about them, but niavely had never actually listened to them. Have since changed my mind. They've got some really class tunes and the lyrics are damn good too. All round, I say a definite winner. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bec

not a huge fan to b honest but saw em on saturday and they were damn good....hats off to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

i agree with jim, too many threads on this topic already.

but they were very good on saturday. one of their better gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

If I had my way(and hopefully one day I will) I'd to put the band in a pit with a rabid group of giant man eating Gorillas for gambling purposes. Oh the hilarity that would ensue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Lookk, there is a nice, long thread about them in Rock/Metal. Do we really need to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

i personally find them a bit overbearing on record but i enjoy them live.
    I think many people feel frustrated with this new wave of irish singersongwriting. it seems that the more introspective and darkly sensitive the artist the more successfull they are. Personally i love a bit of quirky humour in music somewhere.
    Many feel that life is hard enough without have to listen to someone elses woes/regrets/inadequacies.
    its also well known to many that the all loving down to earth persona that Glen Hansard exubes live is definately left on the stage. I know that this has been known to really piss people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

i ADORE the frames, their gig last saturday was AMAZING and whatever you say about glen.....he is one hot boy......the only guy i know whom can get away with red curly hair

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

L.W wrote:
    i ADORE the frames, their gig last saturday was AMAZING and whatever you say about glen.....he is one hot boy......the only guy i know whom can get away with red curly hair

You make me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

L.W wrote:

Have you any idea how hard it is to clean coffee out of a keyboard?

*shakes head sadly*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Jenko

Amz wrote:
    Have you any idea how hard it is to clean coffee out of a keyboard?

*shakes head sadly*

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

I think many people feel frustrated with this new wave of irish singersongwriting.

new wave? the frames?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

L.W wrote:

Their last gig...hurrah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

polarbelly wrote:
    new wave? the frames?

hehe ;)

Advertisement