Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Jaguar Mechanic

Options
  • 23-08-2004 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

does anyone in Dublin know of a good Jaguar Mechanic that won't rip me off. I have a 2000 S-Type and moved over from the UK just before last Christmas. It needs the climate control to be looked. I had a couple of good Jag Mechanics in the South London area who could fix the new Jag cars. I can't find anyone who can fix the new Jags. Everyone tells me that only the Jaguar dealerships can fix the new cars in Ireland..........Is this true??

ta
    ale'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh boy! Jags were as rare as hens teeth here until the last 4-5 years. You're proberly lucky you're in Dublin I doubt there is a dealer outside. There is a place Des Cullen motors who sell posh metal they might be worth sounding out.
    Des Cullen Service Inquiry

The Irish Jaguar owners club should be worth a shout too.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Apart from John Whatsisname up in Coolock (he did Bono's MkII) and I don't have a Dublin phone book beside me - (someone look it up please - can;t even find him with Google) there isn't anyone I know who would tackle a 'new' model (Ford) Jaguar. You would be well advised to take it to Jag Ireland or spend time mopping coolant out of your footwells after some flute bodges it. Bring a big chequebook with lots of room for zeroes....

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Try a ford garage, most of what's in the S-Type will be stock ford parts, failing that try a volvo dealer, if the climate control isn't common with the mondeo, it'll definitely be common with a big volvo (also ford owned).

Advertisement