Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reel Big Fish!

Options
  • 23-08-2004 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

EEK! reel big fish are playing tomorrow, can i just say SCREW the white stripes! RELL BIG FISH KiCK TITS!
    is anyone else going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

let me clarify - id give ANYTHING to be seeing RBF again tomorrow but i got the white stripes tickets as a birthday present so i have to go this - if i could trade em in i would!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

aww man they were great! I saw em in the ambass on oconnel street about a year ago with some mates and we had the time of our lives!

Gonna have to check that out, the brass section is pure class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

well coamhie, i have to laugh at you!

you should all buy tickets being that they're only 18.50!!!!!!! EEKK!!!!!!!

*dances to her reel big fish cd*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 suzythefloozy

woot american ska! man i totally wish i was going to that concert. dude, "all i want is more, and she has a girlfriend now" totally rock me hardcore. any other rudeboys/girls out there in cty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

They great! I saw a poster at the last reunion...but from really afar so i coudn't see any details. And I strapped into a car so jumping wasn't really an option....oh well....ban the tube top...whoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

i remember right around this time last year they played TBMC and it rocked so much coz 4 sum reason it wasnt completely full so we were majorly close to the stage and some guy beside me threw his sparkly american flag hat on stage n we all made scott put it on :D good times

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vikki

Caoimhe wrote:
    let me clarify - id give ANYTHING to be seeing RBF again tomorrow but i got the white stripes tickets as a birthday present so i have to go this - if i could trade em in i would!

but the white stripes was such a great gig... i had an amazing time! thanks to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

Reel Big Fish Was Amazing! Best Gig Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Reel Big Fish was pretty great... and I finally got to meet the magical Muireann (henceforth known as Mumu because I can't pronounce her name without sounding like a twat)* who seemed happy to see me. OnOff sucked but not quite as much as Mixtwitch who used to be good but have now become all ****e and such.

Their last gig was better but the best gig ever was [spunge] in TBMC on 14th November 2002.... the night Dublin got flooded and all the buses stopped and there were 17 people at the concert including the two support bands (who happened to be OnOff and Mixtwitch but they seemed better then...)*

*Aren't tangents great? I learned all I know about tangents from the Tangent Master - Eoin Carolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Reel Big Fish was pretty great... and I finally got to meet the magical Muireann (henceforth known as Mumu because I can't pronounce her name without sounding like a twat)* who seemed happy to see me. OnOff sucked but not quite as much as Mixtwitch who used to be good but have now become all ****e and such.

Their last gig was better but the best gig ever was [spunge] in TBMC on 14th November 2002.... the night Dublin got flooded and all the buses stopped and there were 17 people at the concert including the two support bands (who happened to be OnOff and Mixtwitch but they seemed better then...)*

*Aren't tangents great? I learned all I know about tangents from the Tangent Master - Eoin Carolan.

haha, that [spunge] gig kicked ass, and it was Rooster 32 who supported with On/Off not Mixtwitch

The Reel Big Fish gig in Cork ruled, maybe it was the fact that me and my friends had been drinking for 2 days straight :) but it was class.

• Advertisement

It was definetely Mixtwitch, I remember it dammit! It might have been Rooster32 instead of On/Off but Mixtwitch were definetely there... fscking potato head! ;)

EDIT: I was right you gob****e!
    Thursday November 14th 2002, Temple Bar Music Centre, 7:30pm
    14+ show with [Spunge] (UK ska punks) and Onoff

Scroll down the page a good bit, to just above the 4ft Fingers and Whitemore flier.

Bob 1
    Dermo 0

God bless Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

It was definetely Mixtwitch, I remember it dammit! It might have been Rooster32 instead of On/Off but Mixtwitch were definetely there... fscking potato head! ;)

EDIT: I was right you gob****e!

Scroll down the page a good bit, to just above the 4ft Fingers and Whitemore flier.

Bob 1
    Dermo 0

God bless Google.

Well Mixtwitch don't remember the gig!!
    I was talking to them the other night and I asked them if they played it or not and they said they don't remember it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Yo Dermo, guess who I am

That's 'cos they've played hundreds of gigs... although that one should have been memorable. But I specifically remember Clemo (at least I think that's his name) saying thanks for braving the weather and we were the only idiots stupid enough to.

Advertisement