Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 15-04-1999 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

2 things.

First. Which edition / version is the best one to get? Can you upgrade easily if you get an older one?

Second.

I'm looking for an old game. It's from SSI , released at the end of their Gold Box series of adventures set in the AD&D world of Forgotten Realms. The game is called Unlimited Adventures and it's an editor for making adventures like Pool of Radiance etc.
    Either the CD or the floppy version would do (CD preferred).

Any help would be appreciated (appreciation usually involves a pint if I ever get around to turning up to one of these quake gatherings.. smile.gif )

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

oooooh! That was post 500!

smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You swine you stole the 500th post from us smile.gif

As for which version to get, I would say the get The Second Age, its about £40, you cannt buy the orginal new anymore from Origin. You might be able to pick up a version of the orginal cheap, and can upgrade that cheaply (about £9), although I still have a spare upgrade knocking about which you can have. Theres no difference in the end between getting the first and upgrading or getting the Second age, other than it would be cheaper to get a copy of the original (pay no more than £20).

Haven't heard of 'Unlimited Adventures', but I think I remember seeing an AD&D box in the electronic boutique at one point, I'll check tomorrow for you.

Just proves,

I'm a better thief than all o' yez!

tongue.gif

Thanks Rev. I'll see about UO today if I get a chance.

J.

I think you have me mistaken for someone else, because if you look closely you will see I'm only a simple honest hard working shopkeeper.

smile.gif

I apologise. I should have seen the sign,

Rev's House Of Deposit That Is Of The Safety Variety
    'so safe even you won't know where it is'

J.

• Advertisement

Apology accepted smile.gif

I had a look in town today for Ultima and its nowhere to be seen sad.gif

But you can order it on-line from the Ultima site at http://www.owo.com/

Did a search for FRUA but couldnt find a downloadable version anywhere. give us a shout if you find it, sounds interesting.

Thanks Rev.

I found it for sale at a discount software place in the states (I'll get the URL again for you). It is part of a pack called the 'AD&D Ultimate Fantasy Collection'. It's with 4 other AD&D games (a mix of roleplaying and strategic, but all the older ones) for $10 ! I've mailed them to find out if they have any left (I have no credit card so I'm also finding out about a mail order possibility). I'll let you know what's happening. The original games had really basic graphice but with the people doing add-ons etc. the graphics have really improved. Some of the downloadable modules (mostly custom but also a lot of Greyhawk , Forgotten realms and even a fair few Science Fiction) look really impressive.

hmmmm, I wonder if there is any way to get a multiplayer version working (like TSR's old Neverwinter Nights server....)..

J.

I can indeed make a backup for you. The only problem is I have the upgrade, so I'll need your disk to do it. We can always meet up sometime at a pub or you can come out to howth and we can do it then.

btw which did you purchase The Orginal or the Second Age ? That was still available on the EA store afaik. And has the package been openned already ie secondhand, cos you'll lose your free month that way.

Also did you ever manage to find FRUA ?

emmmm, I was actually talking about FRUA. (UA)

unfortunately I can't find UO for sale (well, on ebay but they are nearly all with accounts etc. and really expensive.) I'll more than likely try the UO site early next month (after payday).

smile.gif

• Advertisement

Must remember to read posts before repling to them smile.gif

As for burning you a copy, thats no problem at all.

OK. There are no copies of UA to be found. None, nada, nichts, zip, zeeeeero... you get the idea.

Now, I have managed to find a copy for auction in ebay www.ebay.com and I've even managed to get me one. Should be winging it's way here within the month. It's the CD version (which is good).

Of course, I would be very worried about my beloved CD getting damaged, seeing as it is so difficult to replace. So, I was wondering if you (REV) or anyone else had access to a cd writer and I could perhaps call on you to make a back-up copy for me. smile.gif

J.

Advertisement