Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 95 - Windows search history

Options
  • 23-08-2004 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi Guys

A quick question to test your memories!!

I'm tried to clean up a windows 95 laptop, I can deleted the internet related files without any issues, but when I go to search within Windows 95, it displays a list of searches I have carried out on the computer, how can I clear this list?

cheers

TmcT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Right click on the tastbar and go to properties, clear my documents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ToastMcToast

tried that, but there is no properities when you right click...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Start>Settings>Taskbar and Start Menu>Start Menu programs>Clear Documents Menu should do the trick (if this wasn't added in Win98)

Or download TweakUI from here, install it, run it, go to the paranoia tab and tell it to clear everything on shutdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ToastMcToast

new problem -

getting this error message when starting the computer in normal Mode: Invalid VxD Dynamic Link Call to Device 3, Service B

its fine in safe mode

I looked in KB's and it says to copy the system.ini from rb*.cab, but i think this is only in win98

Advertisement