Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid damn mini metalers - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Why do you feel the need to justify yourself with that little list there?

that wasn't me, that was my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

i have listened to opeth, mesuggah, type o negative and a few others
    and its just that i prefer more metal music such as arch enemy, decapitated, slayer etc.
    any recommendations on more bands suited a round this type of metal?
    thanks for your advice on this subject because music (metal) is 1 of the most important things i have

also slipknot have still remained my favourite band throughout listening to all this new music

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

c0rk3r wrote:
    Still can't believe the lead singer to one of my favourite bands is a women!! well i guess thats what you get when you ignore everything except the music.Women arent capable of rocking it out in the same way keyboard players cant (in this instance i mean visually, their music is phenomenal).

I don't know about that, check out the keyboardist/singer from Swans back in their prime, she rocks like an animal.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

derrylahan wrote:
    i have listened to opeth, mesuggah, type o negative and a few others
    and its just that i prefer more metal music such as arch enemy, decapitated, slayer etc.
    any recommendations on more bands suited a round this type of metal?
    thanks for your advice on this subject because music (metal) is 1 of the most important things i have

also slipknot have still remained my favourite band throughout listening to all this new music
    Have a listen to some In Flames. Any album before Clayman is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

yo derrylahan check out some Deicide if you havnt all ready... currently headbanging to "crucifixation"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Try some Rotting Christ.I was listening to them when I was a bit younger, I really liked them, they helped me progress to heavier and more complex metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Naw, Rotting Christ suck ass.

I say listen to The Haunted, pure fast'n'heavy thrash metal.

They were good when I was younger, kind of broke me into the black metal genre then I discovered Mayhem and Immortal :D...Then along came Burzum..which kicked ass.

thanks, i'll try them bands.

if any of u guys (except karl) know anyone that have the slipknot disasterpieces dvd
    could yous give it a chance and see y me and all slipknot fans have a strong passion for slipknot, if you cant tell by watching (sic) you's will never understand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

them bands? Nice grammar.

Why do many people love Slipknot? They're mediocre, at best.

Corey is hot though (in stone sour)

• Advertisement

Nobody likes a grammar nazi, Corruptedmorals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Listening to Slipknot does not necessarily make you a mini-rocker. It's the attitude that makes the person a mini-rocker. Listen to Slipknot if you enjoy listening to them and don't assume that people will think you're a mini-rocker, and don't care if they do.

My little sister is beginnning to adopt the narrow-minded, 'I'm so uncool I'm cool', pseudo-individual attitude of the mini-rocker. She listens to some bands only because her friends do and they're the bands that will make her a 'rocker'. I've granted her access to any of my music she may enjoy, and play a lot of jazz and blues for her to show her that there is more music out there than nu-metal and pop-punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Nobody likes a grammar nazi, Corruptedmorals.
    Oh, they're not so bad once you get to know them.

there must be a difference between listening to a band because your friends listen to that band and if they introduce a band to you and listen to them because they introduced it to you or else i'd be a mini rocker because yous are doing that to me?

my drummer told me that the drummer of decapitated uses a thing for the bass drums that when u press once,3 yolks hit the drum,
    that has to be cheatin in terms of drum playin (and yes i know joey has the right to get one but still)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

derrylahan wrote:
    there must be a difference between listening to a band because your friends listen to that band and if they introduce a band to you and listen to them because they introduced it to you or else i'd be a mini rocker because yous are doing that to me?

Of course there is. Listening to a band because it makes you fit in with a certain group and not questioning whether that band's music appeals to you or not is idiocy. Listening to a band because your friends are into them and you feel they may interest you or because your friends or someone else recommend them to you is completely different.

derrylahan wrote:

my drummer told me that the drummer of decapitated uses a thing for the bass drums that when u press once,3 yolks hit the drum,
    that has to be cheatin in terms of drum playin (and yes i know joey has the right to get one but still)

Yes those are triggers, they aren't used a huge amount but they are used alot in black metal.They aren't really used due to their sensitivity because sometimes even the guitars can set them off.But if you tune them correctly they can work to perfection.
    They are used more in studio recordings than live shows due to the sensetivity issue.

We are just suggesting bands that you may like and that does not mean that you have to listen to them we are just reccommending them to you because of your tastes.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

derrylahan wrote:
    He's been misinformed.

Dathai wrote:
    Yes those are triggers

No they aren't! Triggers are like little pickups you put in your drums so that when you strike, it can be amplified.

Erm...really, thats what I thought they were hrmm maybe I got the name of it wrong..well Im not a drummer so it was just recallection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pantera

In all fairness when it comes to "outstanding drummers" Joey Jordison doesn't rreally come into the equasion. It is like people who think lars ulrich is an amazing drummer. He aint he doesn't do anything beyond the norm. Hellhammer now there's a drummer. Saw mayhem in august. pure class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

And what exactly is beyond the norm ay?

Ok i aint no drummer cos i play guitar but i dont see what else you can do with drums bar hit the feckers!....i know you can use brushes and all if your doin some unplugged gig or whatever!.....I know what i like in drumming and Joey Jordison is sheer class on them in my opinion!.....but each to ones own ay!

Trigger! wrote:
    And what exactly is beyond the norm ay?

Ok i aint no drummer cos i play guitar but i dont see what else you can do with drums bar hit the feckers!....i know you can use brushes and all if your doin some unplugged gig or whatever!.....I know what i like in drumming and Joey Jordison is sheer class on them in my opinion!.....but each to ones own ay!

It's all to do with technique and playing well. What you said is like saying all you can do on the guitar is play notes and use a plectrum or fingerpick. I'm not a drummer so I can't even hope to give even a basic explaination of what makes a great drummer but just playing really fast isn't all there is to it. The good metal drummers play really cool techniques that I can't do in slow motion and they can do it at light speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Ok....thats a fair explanation!

But going on what i like on Drums i have to say Joey Jordison is class in my book!

Its just he can hit them at a fairly good speed thats why alot of people like him.I prefer Pete Sandoval to him by far.Anyone that says Joey is the best drummer in the world Id give them a good run for their money with Pete.But for blast beats etc Id go for Nick Barker, I personally like his rythym and tempo.

Personal favourite drummer isn't a metal drummer or even particularly fast, Jim White from the Dirty Three. There's something completely magical about the way he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I think yer man from Machine Head, whose name escapes me, is a pretty good drummer...

sorry to go off track but a reliable source has told me me that brian fadden (guy who quit westlife) listens to guns n roses, metallica, but what struck me the most is he listens to slayer. i found it strange for a guy who sings sh!te all the time.

anyway i got metal hammer there last week
    only song i liked from cd was hatebreed - live for this so what catagorie would ya put them into?(maybe also soil but i dont think the vocals suited the song)-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I suppose he had to say he listens to something other than pop to prove he isn't totally a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ah, so the muppet picked two bands that, well, any 4 year old Britney fan could name. Wow, I am amazed! Metal Hammer is a dire mag too btw! :)

• Advertisement

actually he didnt say it in an interveiw,
    i was talkin to one of his cousins and she said that he had them cds in his music collection
    srry for goin off track agian

Advertisement