Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toilet talk.

• 23-08-2004 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why toilets in buildings never have windows anymore, like the good old days?

Maybe nobody else noticed?

When you are in a shopping centre on a hot day, there can be some interesting odours floating round the mens toilets and no windows to open??

I know I'm not mad. And if anyone says that the piece of s**t extractor fans do a good enough job of extracting the smell of a "Wee beige jobbie", you are surely mistaken mo cara!!!

Only older buildings have toilet windows.

(98% of gypsies don't care where they poop)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I find supermarkets/shopping centre the worst. Dunnes Stores are the smelliest supermarket(esp. staff jax), and jervis centre worst shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

As a child would, go before you leave home! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

there can be some interesting odours

Not quite the description I'd have used tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Was in upmarket Stephens Green shopping center and the toilets are badly lit save for a neon purple bulb which is as illuminating as an old coat on a ceiling.

The smell of gooch swet and whatever else creates a serene calming atmosphere, . . . . . where I want to YAK my guts up!!

I always wash my hands. :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Was in upmarket Stephens Green shopping center and the toilets are badly lit save for a neon purple bulb which is as illuminating as an old coat on a ceiling
    I think that's supposed to stop people from shooting up in there, as you supposedly can't see your veins. Doesn't work tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I think that's supposed to stop people from shooting up in there, as you supposedly can't see your veins. Doesn't work tbh
    You probably could have phrased that a bit better.

Ya junkie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Anyone know why toilets in buildings never have windows anymore, like the good old days?
    Window space is prized and toilets don't make money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Victor wrote:

mabye for YOU they dont :p (oj)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Victor wrote:
    Think this is the truth- put UV lights in the bog -which they are legally obliged to provide so you have no case that you contracted xyz from their bogs. <UV is proven to eliminate this in 0.5%of cases what more can we do? + probably heroin addicts start to hear velvet underground music when they see their clothes glow :-) or something - and just leave. The full truth of this is unknowable

I've decided to leave punctuation on this interesting. This debate is reserved for feminists, just might allow 1 or two others. Please reply soon as I'll be Dworkin tomorrow- No apology applies - it was a typo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Yup thats what the blue lights are for, however most have now copped on and actually draw on their arm where the viens are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

the lights are there for showing up spunk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I thought it was to make your pee glow in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

the lights are there for showing up spunk :D
    why did you get caught?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Blisterman wrote:
    I thought it was to make your pee glow in the dark.
    Go see a doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

The UV purkel lights are to show up coke... most of these toilets will have an airconditioning fan blowing intermittantly to annoy anyone trying to prepare lines and therefore discourage any illicit powdering of noses.
    It's sposed to be some sorta health and safety thing that was introduced last year.

Advertisement