Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL cable broadband - yoyo-ing in Tallaght

• 23-08-2004 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

anyone else having problems? Been down more than it has been up since yesterday, prior to yesterday it's been up non-stop for months. I *would* call tech support but life is just too bloody short

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Got a call from NTL today as they were going to install there BB in my house this friday down in kimmage but they said did i want it wednesday or thursday instead becasue they doing upgrading of some sort,well thats what they told my wife but she put them off till friday week,so ill be here....maybe thats something to do with your problems,they might be upgrading lines????????

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ro_G

maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're planning on having everyone on the upgraded packages by the end of August (like, next week), so it's probably something to do with that. :)

upgraded packages? news to me. i'm on the 600 for 20 notes a month package. feckers haven't told me anything was changing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All the packages are being upgraded for nothing.

150Kbps -> 300Kbps
    600Kbps -> 750Kbps
    1Mbps -> 1.5Mbps

• Advertisement

nice one. although to be honest i was happy with the 600k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

ro_G wrote:
    anyone else having problems? Been down more than it has been up since yesterday, prior to yesterday it's been up non-stop for months. I *would* call tech support but life is just too bloody short

Any idea how far out the NTl broadband extends in Tallaght? I live in De Selby just off the blessington road.

Thanks in advance

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

dunno - i'm in Fettercairn. I also know lads in Springfield and Old Bawn who have it.

If its out that far I'd imagine Jobstown has it as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'm in kingswood and have it
    its avaible in kilnamagh too, think it goes down to ballymount
    the blessington road should have it afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

i live on leeson street and cannot get it. My line has to be upgraded. Centre of dublin and I cannot get BB. its a joke. I wonder if they would upgrade it if I pronised to take their top poackage as soon as it was done.

Moo

• Advertisement

back to normal now anyway - still only getting 600k though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

ro_G wrote:
    back to normal now anyway - still only getting 600k though
    same here. i'm on 600, while my friend in the same estate is reporting 750... story?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

It will be working in full for eeryone by september 1st

it's off again. bruuuuutal. was working fine all day too. strange and quare behaviour for such a usually reliable service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Just a thought - have you tried ringing them and reporting a fault? Maybe somebody's damaged a cable near you or something?

Advertisement