Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese leaving cert

Options
  • 23-08-2004 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on the japanese course for the leaving cert.I cant find any info about it anywhere and I am really intrested in studying japanese I know a good bit already.Also im going into 6th year now so i will probably have to study extra hard to learn it for the leaving but I will do it.
    Any help would be good or if you have done it whats on the course and how did you find it?
    Thanks for your help
    Steven

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

100 kanjji for starters.

It's a really culture-oriented course, a lot more so than other languages. Since it's LC-only, it doesn't require a massive grasp of the language, but you still need to be pretty ok in it to do the exam.

Exam's made up of comprehensions, kanji readings, culture section and two essays.

Basically, just think of JC level French/German/Spanish/whatever and apply it to the LC, plus an oral and having to learn new scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Grrr.. I wish I had known it was an LC course when I did mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Japanese is not one of subjects in Leaving Cert yet. I refered to one of government page before and I wrote about it, however I cannot find it any more now. Also I have double checked the timetable of this year's leaving cert and there is no mention about Japanese. My apologies for my incorrect information.

http://www.clubi.ie/mm/LearnJapanese.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

Crap posted on the wrong thread :o . Anyway the syllabus is at

http://www.education.ie/home/home.jsp?maincat=22823&pcategory=17233&ecategory=17313&language=EN&link=&page=1

and it gives a load of information about what you are expected to know and lists all the required kanji.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

well, that teaches me not to beleive everything i read on the internet

• Advertisement
Advertisement