Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP Styles

• 23-08-2004 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭

I got a program a while ago that manages styles for Windows called StyleXP. Unfortunately, it was only a trial and I have to uninstall it in 7 days or pay $20 :(

Anyone know where to get free styles, or a free alterntive to the above program? I think I'm doomed to go back to "Windows Classic" :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

EDIT: actually found better

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707
    it doesn't take up resources either and no start up program...replaces xp's uxtheme.dll file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

www.themexp.org is good for themes

www.opusworks.org (i think the url is) is my favourite skinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

thanks for the links :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

how do you make samurize scripts etc. are there good tutorials anywhere? i couldnt really make sense of the ones from the samurize website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Webmonkey wrote:
    EDIT: actually found better

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707
    it doesn't take up resources either and no start up program...replaces xp's uxtheme.dll file
    I've been using that. No issues after install (some issues during install), works rather well and you wouldn't notice it being there at all. There may be isues after installing SP2 (AFAIR there are two hacked versions of uxtheme.dll - one for a virgin XP install and one for an SP1 install so there may be a new one required for SP2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Sorry fo resurecting such an old thread :D
    ive downloaded a few themes from themexp.org and they seem to have spy/ad ware, anyone else noticed this

yea theyve wrapped some of the themes with ads to help pay for the running of the site, or so they say :eek:

Advertisement