Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Life Threating Decision

Options
  • 23-08-2004 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Well I over emphasised the title a bit ;) . But Im in a bit of a tie at teh moment. I want to buy a second console (already have sexbox), but i dont know which one would be the better choice. I want the PS2 for the New GTA, but on the contrary the GC is putting out a nice list of games. With the PS2 dropping its price and the New GTA coming out it looks tempting but the Gamecube has Zelda :eek: .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ps2 has GTA therefore it's better! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Metroid and Zelda are Nintendo exclusives.
    San Andreas will soon be on the EggBox and PC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

tman wrote:
    Metroid and Zelda are Nintendo exclusives.
    San Andreas will soon be on the EggBox and PC...

You've to wait about a year :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Was thinking that, but me needs me fix of GTA goodness. Anyone know how long Sony have got the "Golden Handcuffs" on Rockstar?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

But but but... NEW ZELDA

• Advertisement

But but but... NEW ZELDA

Aghhhhhhh! /head explodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Gamecube - Resident Evil 4.

Thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX...
    Need I go on?
    GameCube.

Hmmmmmmmm, I think ill wait and see just how good San Andreas is first. Then i might take the plunge and buy the GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Zelda, Metroid, Paper mario, And animal crossing. Gamecube.

Or if you like unoriginal games, you can buy the ps2.
    And think of how San Andreas will look on PC/Xbox compared to the ps2 anyway. It'll be worth the wait. (Personally, I have both. Bought a ps2 solely for the FF series. Little was I to know there'd only be one good game in the series.. Do yourself a favour and get a gamecube.)

• Advertisement

Fúck Zelda.... NEW ZELDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

High possibility that san andreas will just be a re-hash of vice city/gta3. And not worth the price if a new console if youve already got both the prvious games on xbox. Cube all the way baby, quality over quantity!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

San Andreas will be on the xbox/PC in a year. Also all the PS2 games usually end up on the xbox. Unless you really like RPGs and are prepared to chip your PS2 so you can play the ones that don't make it to europe I wouldn't recommend the PS2. The Gamecube is much cheaper and has a selection of high quality exclusives that won't be on any other console. And of course there's zelda and metroid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Just for the sake of balance.

PS2: ICO, FFX!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Deadwing wrote:
    High possibility that san andreas will just be a re-hash of vice city/gta3.

extremely high possibility that you havent read a thing about san andreas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

XBox and PS2 share a lot of big-name games, whereas the GameCube's big names are pretty much all format exclusive.

That said: the thoughts of NICO, GT4 and MGS3 are getting me quite moist.

Yea might aswell go for the Gamecube. I found the controls on the PC better in Vice City than on any of the consoles, and the graphics are around 1000000x better. Any good Cube deals out atm? Was lookin at that Mario Kart bundle looks alrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

extremely high possibility that you havent read a thing about san andreas.
    Yeah i guess all the videos of it i downloaded and magazine articles/web site previews ive read i just wasnt paying attention to.
    Vice city was a rehash of gta3, san andreas wont do anything new except add in bikes or haircuts or something stupid like that and call it 'revolutionary'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Deadwing wrote:
    Yeah i guess all the videos of it i downloaded and magazine articles/web site previews ive read i just wasnt paying attention to.
    Vice city was a rehash of gta3, san andreas wont do anything new except add in bikes or haircuts or something stupid like that and call it 'revolutionary'.

yeah your absolutely right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

If you're getting a GameCube it's a good idea to get a modified US one. It'll play PAL games with the aid of the Freeloader disc as well as JP/US ones and it has VGA / Progressive Scan compatibility, kind of like Dreamcast. That feature was removed from the PAL GameCube. That's if you'd like to play games on a PC monitor or progressive scan telly. But it's a good feature to have, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

If you do get a ps2 you simply must get ICO, probably the best game out at the moment. However the cube has pikmin and it's fantastic bolt, and animal crossing.....either console good, but I would say the cube has better games overall, but it doesn't have silent hill, but the ps2 won't have RE4.......hard decision....

Ive got Silent Hill 2 on the PC, so I doesnt bother me If the Cube doesnt have it. Ill just stick with the PAL GC. Cant be bothered hooking it up to me moniter. Heh this would be my 2nd Cube, got my first one in the States in October 2001, three years on and im getting another one :D . Have always been a Fan of Nintendo, so im gona get the GC. Ill just wait till GTA hits the PC shelf. Im thinking of goin for the Double Dash Pak, + Animal Crossing, F-zero gx, Harvest Moon (N64 version was class), Metroid Prime (ill give it ago) and eh anyther suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

upgrade ur pc or buy more pc games its the only way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

and eh anyther suggestions?
    http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56410

they're pretty spot on about the games on that list that i have owned. so i reckon anything there is worth a purchase.

Mario Kart is a bit short lived really, get yourself something juicy like Zelda or F Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

and eh anyther suggestions?
    Mario sunshine is fantastic, but gets very annoying, so much so that you'll probably find yourself lying in a pool of your own vomit from trying to get yoshi to stay on the big mushrooms, but absolutley fantastic when it's not being a pain in the ass. Pikmin is in my eyes the best game on the cube, it's incredibly quirky and funny, and for some reason you really grow to love those little guys. For multi player theres nothing better than smash brothers. Last i can think of is eternal darkness, puts RE to shame, almost as good as silent hill, better in some respects.

Also, you're missing out on ICO. It's the bestest reason to own a playstation 2....

Ive played Mario Sunshine and ive completed it, teh last bit in the volcano, Argh ive never died so much. As for my decision, im still half and half. The GC pluses are Cheap to buy, Exclusive games, Zelda, Metroid... as for The PS2, it has GTA, Online Capability and Final Fanstasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

combs wrote:
    If you're getting a GameCube it's a good idea to get a modified US one.
    The PAL GC can use a FreeLoader, and I think the FreeLoader was designed to be used on european cubes as we're alwas the last to get anything. I've heard rumours that it doesn't work too great showing PAL on a US Cube (But I wouldn't have investigated this too much.)

There is a Final Fantasty game on the cueb (Crystal Cronicales), but I don't think it's the that good, rainbow_kirby got it and returned it 3 days later. Haven't player it myself yet though.

If you're getting a cube, get Super Smash Bros. Melee. A fantastic multiplayer game. Great Crack. And F-Zero GX. Tis the bomb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

User45701 wrote:
    upgrade ur pc or buy more pc games its the only way to go

This fellow obviously doesn't know a whole lot about consoles. Pay no heed to his clearly drug-addled ramblings.

My vote is for the Cube.

Advertisement