Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Galway, anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Pythagoras wrote:
    We'll probably all meet up at some stage!

Speaking of, anyone know if its particularly strict in galway for ID and the like? Never been out in Galway, so I have no idea what to expect!

I have been to Galway twice in my life. The first time was for the open day last year, and the second time was a few weeks ago for a funeral.
    In short, I don't have a clue either, but hopefully not as I'm not 18 until January...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Galway is fairly strict on ID after about 9ish. Depending on where you are. Down Domonic street is fairly lax... but all the big clubs, cp's, GPO, Cuba* are very strict on ID (they wont accept UCG ID either... has to be passport or Drivers licence). Even "The hole in the wall" pub, a bastion for students, is hard on ID at night time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pythagoras

Would they let ya in if a bit suspicious of your ID d'ya think(I got my bros black ID which works here)?
    If not, I'll have to wait til I'm 18 next May! :eek:

Pythagoras wrote:
    Would they let ya in if a bit suspicious of your ID d'ya think(I got my bros black ID which works here)?
    If not, I'll have to wait til I'm 18 next May! :eek:

Tbh, it depends. It's completly up to them to let you in or not. But... If you are a race minority, you can always pull the "Race" card which is what a friend of mine did trying to get into CPs. And faith he got in too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

So how are ye getting on after the first semester?

And The Hole In The Wall is one of the worst pubs in Galway.
    If you're a 16-year-old scobe, or don't know any better, it's the best place in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Digging up an old thread are we? Anyways, first semester was grand, until the exams came up :D. Semester two can only get better. :)

Number6 wrote:
    Galway is fairly strict on ID after about 9ish. Depending on where you are. Down Domonic street is fairly lax... but all the big clubs, cp's, GPO, Cuba* are very strict on ID (they wont accept UCG ID either... has to be passport or Drivers licence). Even "The hole in the wall" pub, a bastion for students, is hard on ID at night time.
    I was let in with UCG ID in GPO and Cuba so they're not that strict.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

How's it going Cathy? Mad after all these months and reading over that thread.

I'm in DCU, and really grateful for it now. :) It's the shít. :)

It's going great :) And yourself? How's Dublin?

Cathy, Phythagoras, Ye're in my programming class. The lecturer is such a bore.

• Advertisement

Jesus, I know - half the time I don't even bother going. What's the point? I just end up scribbling anyway.

Cathy wrote:
    Jesus, I know - half the time I don't even bother going. What's the point? I just end up scribbling anyway.
    But in fairness he's not half as bad as my Computer Systems lecturer, he's Russian so he prounounces words badly, and his voice is so boring. I think I'll end up failing Computer Systems... :(

Demeant0r wrote:
    But in fairness he's not half as bad as my Computer Systems lecturer, he's Russian so he prounounces words badly, and his voice is so boring. I think I'll end up failing Computer Systems... :(

Are you happy with your Programming result? We all traipsed up today before Physics...

I haven't checked mine yet. BTW, were you there today, did I miss anything important?

No, I skipped it and got the early bus :)
    I doubt there was anything important anyway. Is there ever?
    I wonder when he's going to mention the Robocode competition again. Are you going to enter?

Cathy wrote:
    No, I skipped it and got the early bus :)
    I doubt there was anything important anyway. Is there ever?
    I wonder when he's going to mention the Robocode competition again. Are you going to enter?
    If I get my hands on a copy of visual studio, haven't gotten around to getting one. Physics and Astronomy had to do Electronic Engineering as well didn't ye? How did it go?

Demeant0r wrote:
    If I get my hands on a copy of visual studio, haven't gotten around to getting one. Physics and Astronomy had to do Electronic Engineering as well didn't ye? How did it go?

No, just Programming... by the way, there's a new assignment on Blackboard :(

Cathy wrote:
    No, just Programming... by the way, there's a new assignment on Blackboard :(
    Lol, must've been thinking of a different group.
    A new assignment already? Doesn't look too hard though, but having to look at the share prices takes so much effort :(

Demeant0r wrote:
    Lol, must've been thinking of a different group.
    A new assignment already? Doesn't look too hard though, but having to look at the share prices takes so much effort :(

I don't think we have to get the actual share prices... ;)

Cathy wrote:
    I don't think we have to get the actual share prices... ;)
    Oh yes, bull****ting is the way to go. :D What's programming got to do with physics and study of stars anyways?

• Advertisement

Demeant0r wrote:
    Oh yes, bull****ting is the way to go. :D What's programming got to do with physics and study of stars anyways?

I have not got a clue. But I'm glad we're doing it, it's one of my favourite subjects :) I really enjoy it, apart from the fecking lecturer...

Yeah I like it too, although sometimes I wished we worked at a faster pace so we can get to the advanced bits :).

However I do not like the new lab layout, mine used to be on a Tuesday and I used to be able to get a Friday lie-in, but now it's on Friday mornings :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Cathy wrote:
    I really enjoy it, apart from the fecking lecturer...

I don't suppose you have programming on Wednesdays and fridays in Tyndall...?

No, Thursdays and Fridays in IT250... the lights went out today which was fun :)

Bah, with Goetz / Sherry?

Number6 wrote:
    Bah, with Goetz / Sherry?

That'd be it. Goetz rocks though. Even if I did fail all his "surpsrise" quizzes, have never actually stayed in a lab and actually done a practical properly, or have any idea what he's on about in any lectures. He still just rocks.

Ohh Goetz and his suprise quizes.
    Sherry is a pain tbh, with his "mandatory attendence" thing.

Tell me bah, what course are you doing? I'm doing 1bs1e. Chem, Physics, Maths Physics and Compewter Science.

1FM1. MA180 (Algebra & Analysis), MA112/113 (Probablility and Statistics), MP191 (Mathematical methods), CS103 (C Programming), EC100 (Economics), MA111 (Mathematics of Finance).
    CS103 is finished for the year now though, starting Maple semester 1 next year. Project was a joke though... I'd expected it to actually be difficult. Practically passed the subject already now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jack87

mates a mine did that course,youd wana have your head screwd on newhere aftr 1st year

• Advertisement
Advertisement