Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

• 24-08-2004 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I know this question has probably been asked before but i can't find it.
    I have a couple of questions about getting broadband.
    I am an average user of the internet. I probably pay about €40 a month for using the internet, so I am getting broadband but I don't know who to get it of or what package to go with. I expect eircom are probably the dearest so correct me if I am wrong.
    Can anyone explain the basics to me and maybe make a suggestion. Any helpful comments very welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

litirspam wrote:
    Hi all,
    I know this question has probably been asked before but i can't find it.
    I have a couple of questions about getting broadband.
    I am an average user of the internet. I probably pay about €40 a month for using the internet, so I am getting broadband but I don't know who to get it of or what package to go with. I expect eircom are probably the dearest so correct me if I am wrong.
    Can anyone explain the basics to me and maybe make a suggestion. Any helpful comments very welcome.
    Thanks
    Eircom are the dearest (other companies that may be just slightly cheaper offer a larger "download allowance").

At the moment, UTV (€30) and IOL/ESAT (€33.15) have the cheapest offerings, as long as you switch all your phone calls over to them. UTV has just gone through a period of poor performance, but since a recent upgrade, things seem to have improved.

At the moment, your best bet would seem to be to sign up for ESAT/IOLs 3 month free trial - if you decide within 3 months that it's not for you, just cancel, and return the modem. If you like what you're getting, you are automatically signed up for the next 12 months.

UTV
    IOL Free Trial or bundled with ESAT phone service.

(Everyone is reselling eircoms service, but UTV and IOL are the only ones offering a 3 month free trial, as far as I know).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

There should be a piece about getting Broadband in the Evening Herald tomorrow night I believe. ;)

Advertisement