Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

balur's gate patch anyone?

Options
  • 28-04-1999 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

there is a patch.
    should i d/l it?
    is it a european one? (i had thisproblem with alpha centauri)
    what does it do?

any other d/l worth getting?

damn this game is good smile.gif
    im f*cking hooked!
    any other kick ass rpg's in the same vain as this? lioke real long and fun. what is silver like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Weeell I played the game straight through with no patch and no probs, but it's probably a good idea to get it smile.gif

I do not think Silver is the same - I believe (tho I might be wrong - no, never, surely not!, but I might be) it is more like the Final Fantasy 7 role playing - which isn't really a traditional RPG, IMO, just a japanese anime take on it with a crap combat system (silver's is supposed to be better, tho)

Very worthwhile and quite similar to baldurs is Fallout 1 and 2. I'd recommend FO1 to start with to see if you like it - you wont be missing out on new technology as the engine is the same in both FO1 and FO2 and the first is fairly short (compared to the massive FO2 - which is short-ish compared to the TRULY MASSIVE baldurs hehe.) FO1 should be quite cheap to buy these days. Graphics aren't as nice as baldurs but the are perfectly serviceable. The combat is turn based & very nasty (cooooool gory effects), the story line excellent, the best opening song during the intro(!!!).

BUT! I would strongly advise you to order it from the states as the european editions are censored with much of the references to drugs removed; children npc's are removed; and the violence toned down, I think. These elements being missing probably does not impact the over allgame, but the editions I had were american and all of the above added to the general post-apocalyptic nastiness. For example, killing children in the US game would ensure bounty hunters get sent after you at some point along the line...

Not that I find the idea of killing children palatable - just in the game, well, um... anyway better leave that one alone smile.gif

Anyway, you're going to be playing baldurs for the rest of your life (or at least this year) so forget about others for now! Give my regards to Dynaheir, and give Imoen a squeeze from me smile.gif

Advertisement