Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eurotrip wtf?

• 24-08-2004 10:24am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just watched eurro trip and on the credits it shows a map of europe, on the map it shows the english flag covering England & Ireland, grrr!!! :mad: :mad:
    eurotrip_ukflag.jpg

While they make a mistake like above why don't they cover France with the German flag?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

but we are such a small and irrelevant island that hollywood dont care about us, besides, only leprechauns live there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

there was a thread about this already somewhere. Couldnt be arsed searching for it...

The conclusion was anyway that it was meant as the british isles rather than ireland being a part of britian

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

But don't alot of Americans think that if your from Europe you speak French, so by that logic lets cover all of europe in a french flag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Ireland should make a film and stick a big Canadian flag over da US......put that in ur pipe...etc

Ireland should make a film and stick a big Canadian flag over da US......put that in ur pipe...etc

I second this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I second this.
    I third it. Motion passed. OK, now on to financing, scripting, casting, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ixoy wrote:

Can i audition for the role of the flag.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

It's a fairly glaring display of ignorance alright, I said as much on an American web board and I was told I was bitter because the film looked at Europe in a bad light and that many of the jokes were based on stereotypes. I asked them what exactly was funny about placing the flag of a nation that occupied us for 800 years over our country, and whether it would be equally hilarious to place swastika's all over Europe. They still didn't get the point.

Film has a lot of funny moments once you get past that bit. The David Hasselhoff bit had me in stitches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

there was a thread about this already somewhere. Couldnt be arsed searching for it...

The conclusion was anyway that it was meant as the british isles rather than ireland being a part of britian

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=169952

ixoy wrote:

So does anyone have a camcorder so we can this show on the road?

First one of us will have to write a few controversial book about modern america, making particular references to the countries leader, secondly we will have to indulge in shameless self promotion by appearing on every talkshow the world over. Finally, the coup de gras, we release a documentary style movie in trying to get our point accross before indulging in shameless self promotion and appearing for a second time on all the talkshows world over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Who gives a ****, its a crap film so obviously its gonna get things wrong :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lodgepole wrote:
    I asked them what exactly was funny about placing the flag of a nation that occupied us for 800 years over our country, and whether it would be equally hilarious to place swastika's all over Europe. They still didn't get the point.

I suppose you were really hoping for to much here,
    I mean what you were actually looking for is a educated America, is that so hard to find? (apparently so :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's all ME ME ME with you people isn't it?

I think we should be at least the slightest bit concerned that Slovakia seems to have been occupied by some as of yet unidentified county!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

Pigman II wrote:
    It's all ME ME ME with you people isn't it?

I think we should be at least the slightest bit concerned that Slovakia seems to have been occupied by some as of yet unidentified county!

^^^^^^^^ :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The sort of Americans that this would confuse are the sort of Americans I don't want our location revealed to.

John R wrote:
    The sort of Americans that this would confuse are the sort of Americans I don't want our location revealed to.
    Yeah but they don't even have to know were Ireland is, after all they bomb countries that half there population couldn't even find on a map,
    ie: Afghanistan & Iraq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭martarg

Cabaal wrote:
    Yeah but they don't even have to know were Ireland is, after all they bomb countries that half there population couldn't even find on a map,
    ie: Afghanistan & Iraq

Well, it is a fact that world geography is not a big topic in American schools, therefore half their population couldn't find anything outside the US on a map. I even know of someone who swapped Canada and Mexico :rolleyes: , so don't take it personally... while we are on the topic of films, ask any Spaniard what Mission Impossible 2 did for Spanish Easter celebrations... and then having to hear Anthony Hopkins launch on a patronising reflection about Spanish ancestral customs.... :rolleyes: then again, in fairness, perhaps we Europeans have the same sort of stereotypical views about America....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

martarg wrote:
    ...I even know of someone who swapped Canada and Mexico :rolleyes: QUOTE]

Apologies for going a wee bit offtopic but when i was in a bank in Las Vegas, i wanted to change some Canadian dollars for american ones.....i handed them to the teller and she asked me where Canadia was? I said they were from Canada and she asked me where that was..... :eek:

Anyway...that error in the credits is bad but i laughed my head off at Vinnie Jones and all the Manchester United supporters in London....hang on maybe that bit is accurate :D I have the "Mail Mother****er!!!!" as my mail notification too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Luxembourg would also appear to be part of France. WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE LUXEMBOURGOIS?
    Maybe someone is dyslexic with their colours :D

Advertisement