Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a phone!!

Options
  • 24-08-2004 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hay, I decided that id upgrade my Siemens c35i to something more modern :D .

So, I start to research some of the phones on the market, only to be overwhelmed by the selection :eek: .

Only criteria:
    -Bluetooth
    -good screen quality
    -decent memory (throw in the ones with interchangable memory, for the craic)
    -good battery life
    -build quality

Phones that I have been interested in include the SE K700, the SE T630 or T610 and the Nokia 6230, so I would like to read some comments from owners of these phones.
    But, anything around the above specs and quality will do.

Also, could you recommend any good review sites.

I would be grateful for your honest opinions and experiences.....thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

6230 is great! Sorry don't have time to go into detail.

But its the only one that fulfills all of the above criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

im a 6600 owner myself, i find it to be an excellent phone and the screen is really sharp and the picture quality is considered good for a phone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

SE K700

All the way , I have been through nearly all the phones out there and this is the best so far . It has everything that the P900 has except its smaller ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TE0N

Thanks, I am thinking about getting a monthly contract, which telecommunications company would be best to go with?

When I say best I mean the cheapest or the best value for money package.

Would the above phones come free with a monthly contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i was caught between the 6230 and k700i, and got the k700i because of its better features. great lil phone. thanks to this tutorial i was watching an episode of father ted on it whilst making dinner earlier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

k700 isn't available on bill yet though right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

The K700 isn't available from any operator here. A friend who works for O2 said it was on their list of "coming soon" phones. He expects it to be at least another month or two before its available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

weemcd wrote:
    im a 6600 owner myself, i find it to be an excellent phone and the screen is really sharp and the picture quality is considered good for a phone

How much did u buy the 6600 for? Is it a SIM phone? Sorry didnt have enough time to look it up on the web. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sony Ericssons are the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

KittyKat it was a free upgrade on my uncles contract, he is working constantly on building sites etc, so he needed a phone that could take some abuse so he gave me the 6600 for my birthday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

weemcd wrote:
    KittyKat it was a free upgrade on my uncles contract, he is working constantly on building sites etc, so he needed a phone that could take some abuse so he gave me the 6600 for my birthday :D

U lucky lucky thing!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TE0N

Any news on the SE k500. Any idea on its release date? Would love to compare it to the k700...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

TE0N wrote:
    Any news on the SE k500. Any idea on its release date? Would love to compare it to the k700...

check out the esato.com phone compare site for the basics

and mobile-review.com for more in-depth reviews of the SE K500 and SE K700

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

6600 wins hands down if you dont care about the chunkyness.

screen is one of the best out there and pics look fantasticly sharp and clear compared to the cheap common phones like 3200, gx10i etc...

the great thing about this phone is the amount of apps you can get for it. remote control, picture tools etc.... loads of stuff that keep you occupied.

has served me well for the past 5/6 months and ive had no bother with it.

if you cant afford the 6600 or prefer the looksof a 6230, go for the 6230 although imo, the screen is the killer on that, i like a nice big crisp screen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

SE K700i & K500 are at present on test with O2 , The date for release is Sept 5 although this may slip ..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im a motorola v300 owner and i love the stlylish phone has a great screen size and great camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

The Nokia 6630 looks like a great great phone !

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,8764,60274,00.html

I'm just on the Nokia site now looking at it and I taught is was about the same size as the 6600 but no ! :D

Lovely phone !

Advertisement