Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poker in athens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Unfortunately the FREE t-shirt and hat are only available to residents in the USA.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hahaha, that site is brilliant. Its like the Onion crossed with 2+2...

"Man loses Olympic torch in cash game... 'He had quads... what are the chances!'" LOL

On a serious note I dont know why they dont have poker in the Olympics! They have Chess (dont they) and Bridge so why not Poker?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Becuase you couldn't play for money (and wouldn't have to invest any of your own) can you see any poker player taking it seriously?

"I'm all in." "Me Too."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I dunno, I thought a gold medal has to be worth a few bob on ebay....

...and then, yep you guessed it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=204&item=5116188555&rd=1

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think the money wouldnt be the issue, the glory and bragging rights (not to mention the sponsorship opportunities) would make people play their best.

Why do those athletes run so fast... they aint getting paid either! :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement