Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beholders assault Tor Glorothin?

Options
  • 04-05-1999 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone reading GDR page? They are expecting us to show up and rob thier place as an actual event?

You agree this with them Rev? Cause I didn't smile.gif I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I can throw them.

Having said that, if they didn't do "I ban thee" and detect hidden we could get the stuff easily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I will tell you my number one reason for not attending this event.

It all boils down to "Good vs Evil", what most PK'ing SOB's realise that UO isn't a fantasy game and the good guys don't always win.

However most roleplayers seem to live in a world of rose coloured glasses. So I can expect the rules to change if we start winning. That's whats worrying me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Nope I agreed nothing.
    What I did say is that if the 'event' was organised correctly and not held this weekend I would put in 5k as well. But in that case I would want :-

a. The time extended
    b. noone in tower so we have a chance

That would seem fairer.

What I was thinking have only one person friended to the tower so they can't ban. Make it private tower so everyone is gray. Then screw the chest go for the people in the tower smile.gif

Be a shame if they set it up like that then the place was overrun by PK'ers. :/ *cough*

I'd hate to say it, but you know it wouldnt surprise me if a band of orc or whatnot came up looking for revenge and happended to kill a few other glorindars as well. In all the confusion things slip. I think we will do the twoer thing, but on our terms smile.gif and if we can throw in a dirty double cross all the better, say get the Oooo members, assuming they dont mind killing a few people, to come looking for revenge well these things happen smile.gif or have they all found god along with kaleb :p

Some things we can most definitly expect.

1. The chest will be trapped.

2. The chest will be locked.

3. We can expect a doublecross (least I do)

4. There will be at least 2 guards in the tower.

5. Those guards will more then likely be hidden.

6. They will be watching the tower door and basing the people going in on that.

7. One guard may be watching the chest, when it opens or is unlocked to monitor the amount of gold in it.

8. All members will be using archery and magic.

9. Areas will be blocked to allow only one way of passage.

This is what I'm assuming so far. I would also reckon they have the forest area staked out and hidden or doing active tracking.

The only other thing I wonder is will they attack when they feel like it? or just when they see a thief? We would have the advantage in both cases smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

If something sounds to good to be true,it usualy is.These so called rp'ers hate us and the idea of them including us in any of there events is a joke.Considering how they handled us last time,I reckon they will just have there pk char's there to wack us so neither my theif nor mage will be going.My 100 str and dex fighter will as he is as clean as can be and will be handing out mc's to beat the band if he has to,and ripping up a few red mages if he can smile.gif

Ohh I'm expecting them to try something, but 5k is nothing to us really. sure a days trip to bucs will get the guts of it for you.
    No its the what they will bring to get us that appeals to me, all the better if we can get some money off them, plus we'll look like the good guys and a nice one sided report sent to the sential will be a treat if we can accuse them of been non-rp'ers.

Also if they go for the open PvP idea we should be able to give out MC's to beat the band, innocent travellers arriving at it and getting killed would be quite funny.

I've made a few proposed changes to the event and posted them to the glorindar board. I've put forward your idea of a private open tower, but going to see if we can introduce some PvP action as well, I'm sure some of our associates could come out pretty well of it, If we make it a free for all the whole way to the yew bank. If we can keep them grey we should be able to rob all the more. I've 5k to put forward and will get another from the NPCs in buc and other places so we might be able to get outsiders involved which in my mind means more pockets to pick.

What you think ?

I agree with Venom. This event is only on for them to save face after we rubbed it in the mud.

I liked your idea rev of making this a more popular event. In fact we should of set something like that up for the rogues in the game so they have thier own event. smile.gif Prehaps someone can rent us a tower. I certainly wouldn't trust GDR as far as I could throw them.

Bear in mind, gold vs weight. 46 str can hold 6K tops. I wouldn't be going for the chest. I reckon TornGrim and someone else go for it. Torn is GM rogue all over smile.gif he could pick the chest, the other person opens it getting killed, and swaps the book with a blank one (if they don't think it's stolen they won't be off guard). If it's gold steal the max possible that still leaves a pile in the box (10gp left?)

We would also need someone on OoOoOoo recon to ensure that GDR stay to thier part of the bargin (eg. no hidden blockages)

Advertisement