Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Four signs she's high maintenance

• 24-08-2004 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Just saw this today on MSN.com and thought i would post the link , i think we have all been here at one time or another..

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=2491&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544659

heres a quote..

"The picnic test. If you have doubts about her high-maintenance level, put it to the test. See how she handles an impromptu picnic. Suggest casual food from the deli, a cookout, or wine, bread and cheese.

Then, gauge her reactions carefully. Dirk, a Minneapolis marketing manager, didn’t discover he was dating a high-maintenance woman until it was too late. When he was in his early thirties, he dated twentysomething Jodi for a couple of years.

“On our way to a picnic, we had to stop so she could buy a new outfit, out of my pocket of course, because the one she took an hour to pick out on her own wasn’t good enough for the picnic.”

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Ah, poor aul Dirk. Then again, if he was worth his salt he would have realized he wasn't compatible with his girlfriend in the two years before the picnic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

"The picnic test. If you have doubts about her high-maintenance level, put it to the test. See how she handles an impromptu picnic. Suggest casual food from the deli, a cookout, or wine, bread and cheese.
    :D

Is the picnic to test whether she's high maintenance or to show he's gay???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

ok these are american women.i dont think those kind of eejits exist here.

and also wtf is gay about a picnic? no wonder irish men are so repressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

QUOTE]

LIKE , OH MY GOD ! LIKE ...WHY Does everyone always think the American Women are high maintance !?!? LIKE I"m AMERICAN and LIKE I"m NOT High Maintance ....just because I've been called that ......IT'S SO NOT TRUE and SOOOOOOo UNFAIR ....*SNIFFLE *

Just because I'm a Goddess and I feel I should be treated as one ..... WHAT"S so wrong with THAT !?!?!?!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

and also wtf is gay about a picnic? no wonder irish men are so repressed.

I think the term "gay" was used in stay of a general derogotory term.
    And picnics are a bad idea for about 9months of the year in this country.

We're not repressed, we just don't like getting needlessly drenched unless she's wearing nothing but a thin white camisole and a pair of heels/fúckme-boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

too true. we need them all. reasons to get up in the moring, to take our empty wallets and reorganised days and head out to top the credit card up again. sigh where would we be without them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

SyxPak wrote:
    We're not repressed, we just don't like getting needlessly drenched unless she's wearing nothing but a thin white camisole and a pair of heels/fúckme-boots.

LMFAO Quote of the month....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Aren't those days long over. We've got equality now don't we? If she wants a new frock for the picnic, she can buy it herself out of her own money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Then, gauge her reactions carefully. Dirk, a Minneapolis marketing manager, didn’t discover he was dating a high-maintenance woman until it was too late. When he was in his early thirties, he dated twentysomething Jodi for a couple of years.

“On our way to a picnic, we had to stop so she could buy a new outfit, out of my pocket of course, because the one she took an hour to pick out on her own wasn’t good enough for the picnic.”
    Can this possibly be real? She must be the most vein person on the planet, and he must be the thickest gobshíte ever.
    Come to think of it, I think they're perfect for each other ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Picnics rule! That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

LIKE , OH MY GOD ! LIKE ...WHY Does everyone always think the American Women are high maintance !?!? LIKE I"m AMERICAN and LIKE I"m NOT High Maintance ....just because I've been called that ......IT'S SO NOT TRUE and SOOOOOOo UNFAIR ....*SNIFFLE *

skittishkitten you fall straight into the typical american girl category...and maybe also the d4 one too..but you would have to live over here to get that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

Another good test is...will she go packpacking or go for boring 5 star hotels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just because I'm a Goddess and I feel I should be treated as one ..... WHAT"S so wrong with THAT !?!?!?!

:p

Ugh, if a women ever describes herself as a Goddess, time to turn away and move on.

'I am a God and deserve to be treated like one...on your knees before me, bask in my glory, sacrifice to my altar, and make me a sandwich FAST!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

haha, I pity anyone who ends up with one of these High maintenance Goddesses. I mean, come on, who really wants a male lapdog? Not me for one. And a picnic to me indicates getting pissed in a forest and doing animal impressions :D

Advertisement