Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom redirection problem

Options
  • 24-08-2004 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Okay this is a bit complex but bear with me people, I need your help;

I run a business from home and I'm with ESAT for billing, moving home/office this Friday to a place 5mls away. Phoned Eircon about taking my existing number "No chance!" (almost said with a grin, I swear) was the reply from the old biddie (why is Eircon staffed with old biddies who have little grasp of anything remotely technical?) So the long and the short is that I have to have a new number for the new place, my existing business number can be made into a 'virtual line' and have a redirect placed on it through to the new number so if my customers ring the old number, it gets put through to the new one automatically (there's a 8 Euro monthly charge for this plus - get this - both myself and the person phoning me are charged for the call!!! no flys on those Eircon lot eh?!)

I thought this was all sorted last week however with three days to go I get a call from said old biddie saying they cannot go ahead with the redirect part of things as I'm an ESAT customer - for them to do anything I have to give up my account with ESAT and go with them in order for them to do any work on the line - sounds like crap to me - I've phoned ESAT they advised I speak to CommReg who aren't answering any calls directly at the mo' due to a backlog aaaaargh - anyone got some insight into whether Eircons talking bull or not...???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

there's a 8 Euro monthly charge for this plus - get this - both myself and the person phoning me are charged for the call!!! no flys on those Eircon lot eh?!

i would double check that, normally you can set up a forward number yourself for only 30 cents

*21* then no. # sets it up
    and then #21# unlocks it

the tricky part is that u want to keep both :)

i find it hard to believe that esat connection is stopping it, with all this talk of number portability between carriers you'd think a solution to your problem would be quick and easy.

well with the above forwarding, the person is only charged for ringing ur phone, you get charged on to where u forward, may it a GSM phone or a west of ireland landline..

just keep ringing comreg till they answer, an email or two may help also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bod

Well the mention of the word Comm Reg back at the Eircom call center did wonders!!

Apparently the biddie I spoke to earlier "hadn't quite made herself clear" (oh really mmhmm do tell) according to her supervisor - what I need to do is get ESAT to switch off the ADSL service on my line in order for it to have this redirect attached at source in the exchange - which is straight forward enough as the new place hasn't a hope in hells chance of seeing Broadband available anytime soon. So have got the ball rolling there and I'm hopeful for a happy outcome - begs belief tho how low the incumbant telco (Eircom) will go to claw back customers eh!?! :rolleyes:

Advertisement