Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removed the Cloud link

Options
  • 04-05-1999 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Yea I want it too on BUS page but we talk about more stuff here then we do on that page smile.gif and I don't want people reading about it until we are ready. smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep a good point smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, but nobody except you 2 and venom read this ****e anyway smile.gif
    how much is uo did you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its $39.95 from http://www.uo.com/shop.html with an extra monthly charge of $10 or so, cann't remember exactly how much, but its about 7 quit a month in real money.

Don't even look at it unless you're willing to kiss all your on-line time goodbye, Venom can explain this to you smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Eamon,if u get UO u will not be bothered with any other online game.All the rest seem so small compaired to UO.Also your social life will take a serious dip for a few weeks once u start playing smile.gif

what?
    so you buy the game. its 20 quid in game here last i saw. then you have to pay to play the game as well???????
    and internet fees on top of that?
    i mean if its 7 quida month thats ok, but what is it? what do you do? is it rpg like or is it just an alternate reality type thing with magic? sounds mad!
    whats baldurs gate like over the net? is it thesame as siongle player mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's like BG. BG on the net only has 4 people can play at any time. You can pause the game and kick people off afaik.

UO is a lot different. Everything is server side, you pay for using thier servers as everything is stored there.

In UO it's not like your normal "Play level 1 and beat up some newbie monsters" as higher level players stake out those areas and kill others. Also some areas you just don't go into unless your character is pretty much super cool.

There is no save option, you lose all your stuff you have to start from scratch. You have to make money by doing some jobs starting off (tailoring, hunting, fishing) until you start getting cash to fund some serious gear. Or you can be like venom and kill someone who's wearing a nice set of armor you wanted. smile.gif

People are supposed to roleplay, but the game has mutated a lot from what OSI wanted the game to be, it defies explanation smile.gif best to just play it.

I can say one thing about the game. Those people who go into it thinking like a one player game where you will always win and good conquers evil tend to leave a lot quicker.

any chance of some +50 magic armour?
    wink.gif

i think i'll get it.
    what happens when/if you get killed?
    are you out of it for a couple of hours real time? or a couple of hours realtime server time. ie you have to be logged onto the server for 10 hours before you can play again. it som,ewhat reminds me of playing on MUD's in my ol days in college over telnet!

where can newbies get help? whats the story with all you guys in yer own little bands and stuff? is it all character orientated? wtf am i letting myself into!

deep breath...
    here goes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

When you die(and you will) you just go to a healer and get res'ed(brought back to life).
    If your a bad son of a ***** like I was and turn red like I did,you have to wait a certain amount of hours to get res'ed.I had to play the game for 40 hours to go from red to blue,but I am a ninja bast god emperor now because of it smile.gifEver other player is out to scam or kill you.I have scammed over 150,000 gold peices off various ppl in my time and thats a lot of game money.You can play the game anyway you want once you dont break certain rules like cheating,harrasment and abusing other players in a racist way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

>what happens when/if you get killed?

Depends on how you were killed. If you were a bold person then a healer will not ressurect you for 2 minutes. If you were particully evil (note: see Venom) then you could be playing as a ghost for quite some time. You can get players to ressurect you, but if you murdered a lot of people, returning to the land of the living can cause you to lose skills (in some cases destroying months of work, or two nights macroing). It all boils down to if you want to take a stat loss over coming back to life.

>where can newbies get help?

You can summon these blue smurfs called "Counselors" who listen to newbies whine about things that they would know if they bought the game smile.gif They also have GM (god type players who make sure everyone plays fair). Try to butter a GM up as they can be a great help (note: See Venom getting a free Dragon ship off a GM after losing his POS boat).

>whats the story with all you guys in yer own little bands and stuff?

Well we were kind of going our own way on things. Venom had joined the Darkside and got his kick out of whacking newbies, Rev was into worrying sheep (actually I have no idea what Rev used to play as), and I used to play a goodie two shoes warrior who's guild were sworn enemies of Venoms guild (which made for intresting conversation).

Then we threw the characters in and started a thieves guild (cept for Venom who uses his TankMage to beat up people who p1ss him off smile.gif)

>is it all character orientated?

It's skills orientated. So you can have a reasonable warrior/mage/tailor, although they are trying to change the game so it's more and more character, so if you want to be an excellent mage, you have to take skills which are pretty useless only for the fact they work well with mage skills.

>wtf am i letting myself into!

heh heh....

Check out http://uo.stratics.com for more details on the game.

• Advertisement

nice one smile.gif

Advertisement