Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blatant lies again

Options
  • 24-08-2004 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Eircom EIRCOM EIRCOM

you know the story changes day after day after day with this shower of you know whats

1) Monday no call

2) Today - the mother rang up because if i got onto them it would be very unpleasant indeed, so first monkey says nothing in notes about a callback (how surprising), and that shed book a Broadband Engineer no less to go out to our premises and look at our line,

2) About 15 minutes after the mother got off the phone i decided to confirm this miracle of the loaves and fishes, rang in second monkey comes on, after the OHH OHH AH AH was gotten over with, i asked could i confirm that a BB engineer is coming out to my premises to check my lines

"she read out the notes to me" member rang in and wanted to know why the Broadband is failing" nothing else absolutely nothing, no appointment nothing. Which i knew there wouldnt be thats why i rang back

Anyhoo to cut along story even longer, im in the category apparently as i was before that my line will continue to fail forever and that broadband will never be possible on my line

Great init, after that little revelation i slammed the phone down on her, cause i really and mean really cannot take this blatant lying anymore, ive had it for a year now and I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

*hugs*
    you look like you need it;p
    or maybe a splif....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

shinzon wrote:
    Eircom EIRCOM EIRCOM

you know the story changes day after day after day with this shower of you know whats

Shin

Lying swine perhaps?

My line fails because I'm "too far" from the exchange. I guess 3km isn't close enough for them...and most people around here have bb(well pass the "test").

Standard conversation follows:

Why does my line fail ?
    Your line is unsuitable due to distance.
    I'm 3 kms from exchange
    Then your line isn't suitable
    But you just provided the line
    We don't have to tell you why its not suitable.

I'd be better off with two tin cans and some string than that shower of idiots.

shinzon wrote:
    Eircom EIRCOM EIRCOM

Shin

Lying swine perhaps?
    (of course lying would actually require knowledge)

My line fails because I'm "too far" from the exchange. I guess 3km isn't close enough for them...and most people around here have bb(well pass the "test")
    and are far further away from the exchange.

Standard conversation follows:

Why does my line fail ?
    Your line is unsuitable due to distance.
    I'm 3 kms from exchange
    Then your line isn't suitable
    But you just provided the line
    So you are not providing lines suitable for BB.
    Yes we are, yours just fails.
    You only provided it recently....

and so on ad nauseum

I'd be better off with two tin cans and some string than that shower of idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

So why accept piss-poor service? Cancel your Eircom phone lines and take up with a different phone provider. There is nothing-nothing-that binds you to Eircom if you recieve such terrible service.

Its always how amazed me how many Irish people will accept such terrible service but still keep using Eircom. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Fenster wrote:
    There is nothing-nothing-that binds you to Eircom if you recieve such terrible service.

Besides the fact that eircom wholesale are the only providers of fixed line services in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Fenster wrote:
    Its always how amazed me how many Irish people will accept such terrible service but still keep using Eircom. :confused:

OMFG!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Who else do you suggest we get our copper from?????
    All other telcos are reselling their copper > End of story !

John

jwt wrote:
    OMFG!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Who else do you suggest we get our copper from?????
    All other telcos are reselling their copper > End of story !

John

I don't know, pay a vist to the knackers? There's enough copper in Tuam at this stage to cable the Atlantic twice over. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Fenster wrote:
    I don't know, pay a vist to the knackers? There's enough copper in Tuam at this stage to cable the Atlantic twice over. :p
    ROFL

*plans the rollout of KnackerBand VDSL*

Fenster wrote:
    So why accept piss-poor service? Cancel your Eircom phone lines and take up with a different phone provider. There is nothing-nothing-that binds you to Eircom if you recieve such terrible service.
    :

My my what a clever chappie you are...now why din't I think of that...

All suggestions (on the back of a molecule pls) as to who you would suggest as an alternative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Well, would Shin be any worse off if his line was inexplicably nicked and he had to get another one :D . It has happened before you know.

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

shinzon wrote:
    Eircom EIRCOM EIRCOM

.... I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Shin

I was doing some work on contract in an Eircom building a while back and it took them 3 weeks to get phone line to my desk. We asked for ISDN lines aswell but they couldn't give us an estimate as to when they could install that. Bearing in mind this was in an Eircom office, the words, ...in a brewery come to mind.

I was doing some work on contract in an Eircom building a while back and it took them 3 weeks to get phone line to my desk. We asked for ISDN lines aswell but they couldn't give us an estimate as to when they could install that. Bearing in mind this was in an Eircom office, the words, ...in a brewery come to mind.

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

We use Eircom for our data lines in work, and we pay them a MASSIVE amount of money.
    Las tmonth we called them to get 2 PSTN lines installed in a test lab, which we needed to then be upgraded to dsl. They said they 'couldn't guarantee' the lines would be ok for dsl, and when our IT manager queried if they could then remove the lines they said 'No, you'll have entered into a contract with us'.

AMAZING! And this was business sales, so they KNEW just how much money we're paying them for other services!

From what I've seen they simply don't know what they are doing. Once they make money, everything else is unimportant to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fenster wrote:
    That's not exactly constructive Fenster. Why not answer his question?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fenster wrote:

I almost fell on the floor laughing at this one
    I think someone needs to be educated with the education stick!!

Cabaal wrote:
    I almost fell on the floor laughing at this one
    I think someone needs to be educated with the education stick!!

Kinky, but besides that my point is that you always have a choice. I wouldn't have really cared about the loss of internet, but I would have happily cancelled my Eircom accounts if the terrible service I had recieved continued and however odd it looks, I urge anyone else in similar straits to do the same. So you still use Eircom lines, big mickey. Change over your landline and internet services to another provider. Believe me, they notice.

Fenster wrote:
    Kinky, but besides that my point is that you always have a choice. I wouldn't have really cared about the loss of internet, but I would have happily cancelled my Eircom accounts if the terrible service I had recieved continued and however odd it looks, I urge anyone else in similar straits to do the same. So you still use Eircom lines, big mickey. Change over your landline and internet services to another provider. Believe me, they notice.

Am I missing something here. Fenster, who can RENT my phone line from other than Eircom? I have switched my phone calls and internet to another provider. But I still have to rent the line from Eircom.

To fix my line test problem I still have go to Eircom. Fenster?

Am I missing something here. Fenster, who can RENT my phone line from other than Eircom? I have switched my phone calls and internet to another provider. But I still have to rent the line from Eircom.

To fix my line test problem I still have go to Eircom. Fenster?

You're missing my point entirely.

If you change over your landline services-such as what UTV and Esat offer-and make a point of letting them know its due to terrible services-Eircom do take notice. As you said, once Eircom get the cash, they don't care. But take away the cash and...

When I threatened to cancel my lines (as I put down in another thread) they took very prompt action concerning my DSL and in seperate instance, I used to be a very heavy dialup user. About a week after I moved to UTV for their bulk package, a sale rep from Eircom contacted me asking if I'd like to move back to Eircom and I was contacted twice afterwards also.

They contact me too, with offers that were more expensive than what I'd switched too. To me thats just shows they don't care.

I can't rent a line from UTV or Esat. Unless I have no landline at all, I cannot avoid paying Eircom at least my line rental. Is that not correct? You said there was nothing that binds me to them. But there is. The line rental.

• Advertisement

Fenster wrote:
    So you still use Eircom lines, big mickey. Change over your landline and internet services to another provider.
    Except that it's still over Eircom lines.
    So whatever landline provider you use here, eircom will get a cut, for line rental, and for whatever wholesale prices your new provider pays for the privilege of hosting your calls.

Can't really sever that tie, without going the mobile route, or... maybe getting wireless broadband and setting up some kinda internet phone scheme, but anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think Fenster's point is that if you ring Eircom and say your going to move all your calls and net access to an alternate providor because their service is shítty then they may just pause and ask if there's anything thay can do. At which point you should scream 'FIX MY LINE FOR DSL YOU MUPPETS' and they might just do that, as otherwise the only business they'll have left with you is line rental, no calls or net access. Of course, once they sort the DSL problems out you should move to Esat/UTV or whoever for all the other stuff anyway as they are all cheaper. We'll always be stuck with Theftcom for the line rental, well untill something gets done about it, /me holds breath waiting for Comreg to get off arse.

/colapses on ground with blue face

Agreed, definitely better to go with another provider, even having to pay eircom's line rental.
    There's a few of them now, too, so.. maybe room for competition among them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

zynaps wrote:
    There's a few of them now, too, so.. maybe room for competition among them as well.

We've some hints and a list here, at the end of the article.

P.

jor el wrote:
    I think Fenster's point is that if you ring Eircom and say your going to move all your calls and net access to an alternate providor because their service is shítty then they may just pause and ask if there's anything thay can do. At which point you should scream 'FIX MY LINE FOR DSL YOU MUPPETS' and they might just do that, as otherwise the only business they'll have left with you is line rental, no calls or net access. Of course, once they sort the DSL problems out you should move to Esat/UTV or whoever for all the other stuff anyway as they are all cheaper. We'll always be stuck with Theftcom for the line rental, well untill something gets done about it, /me holds breath waiting for Comreg to get off arse.

/colapses on ground with blue face

I have never heard of anyone who line failed DSL getting it "fixed". They may have it enabled where it wasn't available previously. But I've never heard of a line being fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

My parents just moved their calls to Esat - in their first bill (few days ago) they have a single billing contract, i.e. including line rental.

Apparently it's being offered to all existing customers ( my parents just qualified) and will be available in their product list to new customers by October.

Move - and cite all grievances when asked why.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's correct. With my last Esat bill, I got a form to switch my line rental over from Eircom to Esat.

I didn't waste too much time signing the form and returning it to Esat. A small victory, but it makes me feel better. Now if they would only stop harassing me. I got 6 voicemail messages from them last week asking if I wanted to switch back (they didn't seem to realise they were talking to a machine, muppets).

What sort of package are ESAT offereing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

tom dunne wrote:
    Now if they would only stop harassing me. I got 6 voicemail messages from them last week asking if I wanted to switch back (they didn't seem to realise they were talking to a machine, muppets).

Why not change your voicemail greeting to include "Oh, and if this is eircom calling, f**k off, it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever consider you or your lousy service again" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Why not change your voicemail greeting to include "Oh, and if this is eircom calling, f**k off, it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever consider you or your lousy service again" :D

I might just do that.
    What sort of package are ESAT offereing then?

In true Irish, consumer-focused style, nothing. Zippo. Nada. No difference whatsoever from Eircom's charges (well only minor). Detailed below:

Line rental : 24.18 (normal phone)
    ISDN: 37.50
    ISDN Upgrade(?): 37.50
    Call answering: 1.39
    Telephone (I presume rental): 2.55 (thievin' bastards)

Advertisement