Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM BROADBAND, everything ready here to go ..except EIRCOM

• 24-08-2004 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Decided on getting teh EIRCOM BB package( btw u can get this , all free, for €29.99 if u are a on one of the Eircom net packages, i.e. if u are on eircom 150 for 29.99 u can upgrade to BB for free)............anyway.....ordered it 3 weeks ago , the smart modem arrived last week , and my "turn on " date was yesterday...................but according to BB support, "the jumpers have not been switched in the exchange"........jeez, anyway guys, with the smart modem just connected to teh phone socket(no comp) should teh DSL SYNC light pop on anyway................

cramp?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought those modems were USB-powered? If so, then nothing's going to happen without being connected to a PC. If not, then if your line has not been activated for DSL yet you will still probably get nothing :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Bastards. A day late ! Oh my god.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

yep its USB powered, i went around to a m8ts house and plugged all his cables out except the power to the modem and fone cable, and the DSL SINC lite turns on after afew secs, ahh well time will tell!

cramp

Advertisement