Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point of Existance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Rev is taking his anger out on the community by giving us more servers and mods...

Clever guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya got to love him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Very nice mod,has the desert combat style ,fast vehicles and sweet artillery, choppers and planes are good also, the custom maps are nice ''in the desert type'' obviously some bugs but it is the first release....but it can only get better :D

CC

Its a class mod great fun to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

BFV or BF1942?

• Advertisement

Vietnam

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My only gripe would be that there's no icon. Other than that, its a class mod. The heli's are lovely to fly. Have yet to fly the planes, tho.

As for the icon, here's one I made from a picture of a helicopter on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

A great mod, the choppers are fantastic and Devilmonkey found an AA tank of some sort. I was in chopper and he took me out, but i think the gun frightened him more than me. It was shockingly QUICK,LOUD and ACCURATE. Haven't flown planes yet, cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

has anyone done the vtol with the joint strike fighter? it rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

the_syco wrote:
    My only gripe would be that there's no icon. Other than that, its a class mod. The heli's are lovely to fly. Have yet to fly the planes, tho.

As for the icon, here's one I made from a picture of a helicopter on their site.

a desktop icon? ermmm it has one, abit not a stunningly good one, but it exists...

as for the AA gun, extremly good weapon...only hope in a chopper is to take it out before it sees u.... (which with dual heat seeking missiles is quite possible to do a at a decent range..)

and big surprise, flaming dart is actually fun in this mod ;)

• Advertisement

has anyone done the vtol with the joint strike fighter? it rocks
    How do you do a vtol?

the_syco wrote:
    How do you do a vtol?

if your in the JSF, just hit reverse, flaps will open, and vertical lift off......(same as harriers in DC if you've played that...)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Installed it but im getting constant CTD (crash to desktop) anyone else with similar problems?

I get it after I play single player for about 5 minutes. Online its fine though.

I get it after I play single player for about 5 minutes. Online its fine though.

Grand, havent had a chance to play online yet. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

played a few rounds last nite,its a mental mod.thanks rev for setting it up for us all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

anyone pop this onto a CD for me? I can trade for the Offical WWII mod, or just send blanks!

I'm in Dublin.

Jammer wrote:
    anyone pop this onto a CD for me? I can trade for the Offical WWII mod, or just send blanks!

I'm in Dublin.

PM me an address and ill post it to yout but you wont get it till mon/tues sombody in Dub might meet up with you and sort it quicker. What about Valdez abd his Cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yeah i had a few goes of it. its decent enough. I think they need to fix some of the weapons kits though. doing the VTO's is cool i haven't done a landing like that yet though. I didn't actually even think of it till u mentioned it /me runs off to try vertical landing :)

suppafly wrote:
    Yeah i had a few goes of it. its decent enough. I think they need to fix some of the weapons kits though. doing the VTO's is cool i ahve done a landing like that yet though. I didn't actually even think of it /me runs off to try vertical landing :)

the physics behind it in the game are still a bit dodge..........descent is very slow till u reach a certain point, and then u plummet without thrust........

• Advertisement

Triceradon wrote:
    if your in the JSF, just hit reverse, flaps will open, and vertical lift off......(same as harriers in DC if you've played that...)
    As well as that, there is another nice feature. In the pilots interface, as seen in Euro-Fighter_inflight_display.jpg you'll see that when a missile is fired, the number of missile's on the display goes down, and there's a power display. The red for forward thrust, and to the right of it, a green status bar, for reverse thrust.

Not only does it go up, but it also opens up, as seen in Euro-Fighter_top_open.jpg. Very classy indeed.

Thats not a euro fighter its a yanky joint strike fighter the other yanky jet is the F22 raptor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

This crashes constantly for me! For example, on Operation Flaming Dart on USA team, i jump in the chopper, fly over to the "russian" flags, and as i approach the base on the beach it crashes to one of those "Send Repport" , "Don't Send Report"!!

Specs are 3.06GHZ P4B, 1GB PC3200, 5900XT

Is that just single player or all the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

If im not mistaken that happens on single player but on multiplay it should be fine. Thought i saw a fix for this on boards not sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Game is ok'ish but i'd much prefare a game of IS82.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I tried hosting a multiplay game and exactly the same thing happened!

VeVeX wrote:
    I tried hosting a multiplay game and exactly the same thing happened!

Yea, it seems to happen if you try and play with bots. Does it happen online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

only ever played online - never had a crash out of PoE.

ps- any chance of stats for the PoE server? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

now do we really want to go down the stats road again, look what happened last time.

as it happens there are stats, but the url is a secret known only the select few.

Advertisement