Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ngage memory type

Options
  • 24-08-2004 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

hello, i saw this item on ebay and was wondering if anyone can help me out and let me know if it will work in the ngage or is a different memory type i need? thanks

Ruu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Don't think so - as far as I know they only use MM cards - this
    looks like an SD card.

Also, some generic brands don't work too good with the n-gage.

I got mine from komplett ...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

altho, my mmc card from my ngage works in my digital camara, which uses SD memory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

most devices with an "SD slot" will also accept MMC cards - but not the other way around i.e. an "MMC slot" device (e.g. like some current Nokia handsets including the n-gage) will only accept an MMC card

MMC cards are are thiner and have less contacts/pins than SD cards so they are physically different, but the SD card was designed with the MMC card in mind so that the SD slot would be backward compatible with MMC cards

www.shop4memory.com state the ones they supply are compatible with the n-gage

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

thanks for everyone whos helped :) will just know when i get the card i ordered anyway hehe

Advertisement