Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230 available on Vodafone

Options
  • 24-08-2004 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

From Tomorrow (Wednesday 25th) the Nokia 6230 and 6220 will be available on contract with Vodafone.

The upgrade price will be €229 for the Nokia 6230 and €149 for the 6220.

MMS still won't work with them though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fisher

v10, did the info come from Vodafone or from a store?

I checked with CPW and one of the Vodafone stores on Grafton St about two hours ago. CPW said next week. Vodafone store said they didn't know, maybe one or two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

CPW told me this as well last week when I rang them about it. I hope this is true but I have a bad feeling about this as it is always being put back. Did anyone hear about the 6230i. Sounds like a brilliant phone. Has a bigger screen, better res and a 1.3MP camera. God only knows when this will be out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

digiman wrote:
    God only knows when this will be out though.

They shouldnt be 12 months late now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

digiman wrote:
    Did anyone hear about the 6230i.
    yeah, i heard it was a hoax!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

carrotcake wrote:
    yeah, i heard it was a hoax!

mobile-review.com had some concrete info a while back i think.. loads of rumours about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

Doubt they would make that many changes to a phone and only add an i. More likely they would give it an entirely new model number.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

v10 wrote:
    From Tomorrow (Wednesday 25th) the Nokia 6230 and 6220 will be available on contract with Vodafone.

Thats incorrect it is not being released and won't be for another 2 weeks according to Vodafone.

I just got of the phone with a supervisor, he said they expected it be released within the next two weeks. When I told him that I was told that by a supervisor 4 weeks ago he said they were still having problems with the WAP 2.0 and MMS and weren't sure when they would be fixed. He admitted it was embarrassing for Vodafone that Nokia were advertising the phone nationwide and it wasn't available on the main network.

This is a disgrace, O2 must laughing at their rivals.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

On the plus side, these delays put us Vodafone bill customers in a great bargaining position with the company. I have a huge monthly bill with Vodafone, and every week for the last few weeks I have threatened to leave and sign up with O2 because they have the 6230 which I want, and my own phone is on its last legs.

Vodafone will offer all sorts of incentives to keep their high bill customers. So far I have been offered 3 months free line rental and a guaranteed upgrade price of €150 to the 6230 if I stay with Vodafone, and I haven't rang them yet this week! I hope it is delayed for another couple of weeks, cos I want to see how far Vodafone are prepared to go to keep me as a customer.

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

irish1 wrote:
    Thats incorrect it is not being released and won't be for another 2 weeks according to Vodafone.

I just got of the phone with a supervisor, he said they expected it be released within the next two weeks. When I told him that I was told that by a supervisor 4 weeks ago he said they were still having problems with the WAP 2.0 and MMS and weren't sure when they would be fixed. He admitted it was embarrassing for Vodafone that Nokia were advertising the phone nationwide and it wasn't available on the main network.

This is a disgrace, O2 must laughing at their rivals.

:mad:

I got one this lunchtime in CPW in Wilton Cork, the person there told me it was just released this morning!

opus wrote:
    I got one this lunchtime in CPW in Wilton Cork, the person there told me it was just released this morning!

Yep CPW are selling them but vodafone say its not yet approved??

Ah well hope I can make it into CPW this evening before 6 and grab eventually. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

irish1 wrote:
    Yep CPW are selling them but vodafone say its not yet approved??

Ah well hope I can make it into CPW this evening before 6 and grab eventually. :D

Stange that seeing as I got it in a Vodafone 6230 upgrade pack! It's got one of the buttons set to the Vodafone Live stuff as well.

All the Vodaphone 6230's are silver or so the CPW salesperson told me.

Vodafone said it was yet approved by them so wouldn't be sold in Vodafone stores, but other stores could sell Upgrade and New connection packs for the 6230!

They obviously saw sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Just got a 6230 in a Vodafone store (in Tallaght). Price was EUR174 with an upgrade and "special" discount. CPW had it for EUR179. Can't wait to play with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

irish1 wrote:

Sorry you doubted me. Maybe next time you'll believe me ! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 8080

The Vodafone shop in Stillorgan say they'll have the Nokia 6220, 6230 and Siemens c65 and cx65 on 1st of Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

8080 wrote:
    The Vodafone shop in Stillorgan say they'll have the Nokia 6220, 6230 and Siemens c65 and cx65 on 1st of Sept
    Aye, that's what Vodafone told me too. You can't get it direct from Vodafone until then. I got mine today from Carphone Warehouse in Clarehall. Very impressed with it so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Any word on this being released with meteor?
    or could i buy the phone and unlock it straight away so it could work on the meteor network?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

robbie1876 wrote:
    Aye, that's what Vodafone told me too. You can't get it direct from Vodafone until then. I got mine today from Carphone Warehouse in Clarehall. Very impressed with it so far!
    I know that Vodafone in Blackrock got 10 in and by 1pm had sold 6 of them (this was on Wednesday). Tallaght got 10 also and the guy said he had already sold 4. Maybe the other Vodafone stores didn't get the stock yet.

The colour is indeed silver/champagne. My first impressions are v good. Bluetooth works better then any other phone I've had. Battery still showing full after a days heavy enough usage.

Advertisement